Pugsrok's first real knife WIP

Tell us what you are doing so we can follow along, Pugs. Otherwise all we have is a slightly out of focus picture of what appears to be a knife blank...

well, i have gotten the edges to meet, and i still have to drill holes for a lanyard, and the pins for the handle. I also have to polish, and get it heat treated.

pugs, when you do a WIP, it would help if you take pics at each step. Start with the design drawn on your stock, profile cut out, grinding edges, etc. that way we can see what you are doing as you go through each step.

Have you already ground the bevels.I ask because it looks a little thick.
If you have any questions,just ask.The guys here can answer most any question,or put you in the right direction.Good luck

God bless,Keith

yes it is thick, the edges meet together, i think it is thick because i only ground .75 of an inch instead of going to the spine like a scandi grind.

So all i need to do is final sanding then i can heat treat it, i just need to get more belts for my belt sander that i have ziptied to a saw horse :D

Pugs, That looks MUCH better than your last knife!! That is a completely different world than the last one you made!! You are definitely improving!2thumbs

Pugs no offense, but I think your knife is better than your Pics.:unsure: My eyes just aren't what they used to be,and it is kinda' hard to tell from these pics. I can tell that this knife looks like a knife, and not a shank. Not talking about the first one in this thread, but the last one you made from a file on the other Forum. I think you are working with some pretty coarse grits of belts, but you CAN use sheets of sandpaper that are progressively finer.

Back