There's something wrong with my shop dog...

James Terrio

He's a handsome fella, and very friendly. Never barks and hardly growls at all, doesn't eat much and doesn't chase cars. He does like to drink from the toilet, but also from the dip-can next to my grinder, which can't be good for him. Maybe he lacks iron in his diet?

He appears to love birds, but he can't fetch worth a darn, and spends most of his time napping on a sunny windowsill. He's dead useless as a guard dog; when strangers come by he just wriggles around their ankles and makes a funny noise in his chest. :confused:

He flat refuses to be on a leash. He won't learn any commands like "sit" or "roll over", he just looks at me like I'm an idiot. huh1

On the plus side, I have no mice or rats in the shop or house; there were droppings and nibbled-up stuff in various places when we moved into the new place, but not anymore.

He's very clean and doesn't "mess" on the floor, but seems to prefer pooping in a box. Which I guess is better than having to pick up after him in the yard.:cool:

I love the little guy but I'm beginning to think he's not very bright. Could you help me figure out what the heck is wrong with him?!?

Attachments

• confused shop dog.jpg
    confused shop dog.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 67
For the most part, dogs assume the characteristics of their human companions. :bud:

Wayne, a dip can is where you dunk your blade when it gets hot while grinding; a chew can leaves weird circle marks in the back pocket of your jeans.

James, are you coming to the Blade Show? I have a joke to tell you that I probably should not post here.

How do you tell the newly weds in Alabama?

When there are tobacco stains down both sides of the pickup.

Wayne I'm not going to Blade but I think I'll be passin thru TN the last week in May. Or you could tell me the joke in a pm ;)

James, come on by.... and others coming thru. I will be out of your way because I am in east Tennessee, but we will make it worth your while. I haven't started on any knives for Blade so I can teach you how to carve a horse head for a handle.... or you might want to learn how to make the "Knife Dogs Knife".

James, are you coming to the Blade Show? I have a joke to tell you that I probably should not post here.

How do you tell the newly weds in Alabama?

When there are tobacco stains down both sides of the pickup.

I once resembled that remark, now just resent it. :rolleyes::)
James from Alabama.

Well dang, it all makes sense now! :D

Hope y'all got a chuckle out of this foolishness; I made myself laugh and that's half the battle.

Knifecats are people too! :confused: :D

Back