Just got a job!

Mike Jones

Google Master
I'm pretty excited right now. I just got hired by Mike's Express Carwash. Part time, of course, to work around my school schedule. Put in my application on Monday, first interview on Tuesday, now on Sunday I get the call for a second interview. They said I'm hired as long as I pass a drug test. Drove to Med One, and I passed! 'Course I've never done drugs so I had no reason to fail... Anyways, thanks for listening to my excitement :D

good for you Mike. I just 20 minutes ago had a conversation with my 16yr old son about him seeking his first job. He is excited also.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. It should be a nice source of income (at least $100 a week on average) and I get to be outdoors instead of behind a cash register like at a Mickey D's.

Congrads. I spent my time early on in a gas station and in a kitchen washing dishes. Still remember both quite well. Enjoy yourself! Dozier

If you are excited now, just wait until you retire and walk away...

(I remember that first day of freedom like it was Christmas. At the age of 51, there I stood looking out the front window, still in my pajamas. Newspaper in one hand, giant latte' in the other--watching all of the other daddies drive off to early cardiac deaths...)

Back