How do you use Knife Dogs?

Wayne Coe

Forum Owner - Moderator
Whenever I log onto Knife Dogs I click on "Quick Links" then "Today's Posts". I think that this brings up every new thread and every new post to an existing thread. This way I see everything that is going on. Each time that I scroll through the list until I get to the notice that "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit or since forums have been marked read".

If I am looking for something I have seen in the past I will try to remember who posted it and go to "Community" then "Member List" and search out that person. I click on the name then "Statistics" then "Search all Posts".

That is about as far as I have gotten in the use of the use of this forum.

How do you use the Knife Dogs Forum?

Pretty much the same as you Wayne - I just don't have enough time to read all the new posts the way I'd like to. This is a busy place. 2thumbs

Steve, I don't read them all either. I look at the subject line and maybe put my cursor over it to get a quick short read. If I am then intrigued I open it.

Same here, Wayne.

Another thing I like about this forum is that the basic search functions are available to folks like me who don't have a full membership yet.

Wayne,

I subscribe to threads I have started or have posted in if I expect feedback or a chance to help someone. I check my subscribed threads first, then new posts. As our membership grows, its getting more difficult to try to read most of the posts.

I also befriend folks I have PMed, talked to on the phone, or particularly like their work. I try to keep up with them a little more.

I do pretty much the same, Check new posts first but I also go through most of the sections just to look at anything I have missed.

I am on so much that usually there is only 1 to 10 new posts(now that I am working there is a lot more).

I also have it setup to subscribe with instant email notification to every thread I post in. that way I know what going on every time my email has a message.
I usually have my email page open and I also get email via my cell phone now.

I will admit I am a little obsessed with this site, but I am trying to help as many people as I can, In return to all the help I have gotten. Plus you all are good company!!!:eek:

I subscribe to threads but don't receive notifications I Just like the feature because if there is a thread I'm interested in or start just posting in it saves it to my subscription list. This way I can find old threads that I want to archive can usually be found a lot easier than searching. I usually log in hit the new post button and see what piques my interest.

I do pretty much what you do, Wayne, and even that confuses me.

I've been ask to do a couple tutorials on here and I'm not sure how to get the pictures on here large enough for everyone to see them.

Stick some hot metal in front of me and I'm ok but computers scare me. LOL

Larry

I do pretty much what you do, Wayne, and even that confuses me.

I've been ask to do a couple tutorials on here and I'm not sure how to get the pictures on here large enough for everyone to see them.

Stick some hot metal in front of me and I'm ok but computers scare me. LOL

Larry

Larry I just upload to photobucket then resize each picture to large, Then Copy and paste the image code.

I click "new posts" at the top. I don't read every one. There isn't enough time.
Occasionally, I will use the tools and "mark all forums read" so it doesn't show so many outstanding.

I stay logged in, when I open my browser, it comes here with a few other sites, I usually hit new posts. I often subscribe to threads that interest me without posting in them. That way when new information is posted to the thread, I can either just read it in an email or go to the post. I do wish that all forums would update to the latest posts. Sorted by time stamps, right now that is not the case. I asked Boss about that, he did not know why at the time. If you want to see what I am talking about, reply to a thread. Wait till it is in the thread and then hit new posts. Most of the time, you can not even find your post on the first or second page. :confused:
Great Site and even Greater folks here,
Jim

I stay logged in, when I open my browser, it comes here with a few other sites, I usually hit new posts. I often subscribe to threads that interest me without posting in them. That way when new information is posted to the thread, I can either just read it in an email or go to the post. I do wish that all forums would update to the latest posts. Sorted by time stamps, right now that is not the case. I asked Boss about that, he did not know why at the time. If you want to see what I am talking about, reply to a thread. Wait till it is in the thread and then hit new posts. Most of the time, you can not even find your post on the first or second page. :confused:
Great Site and even Greater folks here,
Jim

I thought there was a reason behind that, because there would not be a new post in that thread besides yours and you have already had that thread open.
Atleast that what I always thought.

I use the "RSS feeds" to read the new posts
I have the feeds in my rss reader (Google Reader)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_reader
Google_Reader-new_layout.png

KnifeDogs.com Forums - The Dog Run

Anything other than knife talk goes here...tell a joke, visit, relax, chew a bone.

Just got a job!
Sunday, April 18, 2010 12:53 PM
I'm pretty excited right now. I just got hired by Mike's Express Carwash. Part time, of course, to work around my school schedule. Put in my...
How do you use Knife Dogs?
Sunday, April 18, 2010 7:44 AM
Whenever I log onto Knife Dogs I click on "Quick Links" then "Today's Posts". I think that this brings up every new thread and every new post to an...
You ever been HUNGRY?
Saturday, April 17, 2010 6:05 PM
Not hungry like, "hmm, it's time for supper", but hungry like "Good grief, this really sucks".

I was having kind of a bad day today, worryin'...
I love airplanes (Pictures)
Saturday, April 17, 2010 12:58 PM
I am a big fan of airplanes and air shows. We have a great annual show called "Thunder Over Louisville". I am not going to the show today but I did...
Shaughnessy started this
Friday, April 16, 2010 3:55 PM
in another thread, I started looking at talking animal videos while I was on youtube and now I can't stop. Check some of these out:

YouTube-...
NEW KNIFEDOGS SPOKESMAN !!!!!
Friday, April 16, 2010 3:30 PM
Tracy we have to talk this guy into being the "OFFICIAL" spokesman for KnifeDogs. He's perfect. -Larry

TURN UP YOUR VOLUME ON YOUR PC, AND...
Well, I have good news, and bad news.
Friday, April 16, 2010 11:06 AM
Well, I have good news, and bad news. Which do you want first?

OK, the good news is that the second motor that I sent to Dave at Great Lakes...
Has Earth finally had enough?
Thursday, April 15, 2010 3:40 PM
Man, I was just watching the news and saw the Icelandic volcano eruption. Crazy! We have had several major earthquakes and other natural disasters...
4 doctors Argue
Thursday, April 15, 2010 6:15 AM
An Israeli doctor says,
"Medicine in my country is so advanced that we can take a kidney out of one man, put it in another, and have him looking for...
Illinois Deer Pix
Wednesday, April 14, 2010 5:43 PM
Couple of deer pix from Illinois.
One I thought that you would enjoy.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010 5:13 PM
This is a PBS video and has nothing to do with knifemaking but I thought that you all would enjoy it.

YouTube- NATURE | Behind the Scenes of...
What Strange Things Have You Ate?
Tuesday, April 13, 2010 8:15 PM
Having spent 26 years in the USAF and traveling to many countries I have eaten some strange thing. Here is a list of the ones I remember and could...
Any artists out there?
Monday, April 12, 2010 4:28 PM
I am looking for someone that can draw well. I need a logo drawn (designed) for my welding and fabrication business. The name is "Fabrication...
No knives yet
Sunday, April 11, 2010 6:28 PM
I have my knife making area in my shop now and my equipment just about set up, but I keep getting sidetracked by too many requests for other items.
Knife work is going to be a little slow
Friday, April 09, 2010 4:15 PM
Atleast until I can go full time...........in about 30 years.

I got called back to work today.

But I will be working on knives every moment I...

Click on these links and hopefully your browser will ask you what "reader" you want to use
http://knifedogs.com/external.php?type=RSS2

http://knifedogs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

I do wish that all forums would update to the latest posts.

You mean they don't? I thought they did. I think they should. Boss, what do you think? Can you change it if you think they should?

This is the kind of reason that I started this thread.2thumbs

I noticed I was missing posts when I went to "new posts" so started going to "quick links" and hitting "todays posts", but I'm not sure I'm seeing all new posts.
mark

Back