Premade knife blade

brunolundh

Does anyone make knifes from blades that other have done or factory made blades or does everybody do their knifes from scratch?

I'm not sure i dare to post knife with blades that im not done myself.

/Bruno

As long as you open about it there won't be a problem. Your obviously not trying to pass off the blade as your own work.

I agree with Les.

My first major knife project was a K-bar blade I bought from Atlanta Cutlery way back in high school, and put red/black pakkawood on. Still have it, although I bought a new kydex sheath for it a couple years ago. A buddy liked it so much he had me make him one with a rosewood handle. Now that I think of it, that was my first commission! :D The only tools I had at the time were a Buck 110 and a small pocket knife with a spey blade for carving out the grooves for the mortised tangs, sandpaper and a couple small files. It took a while. huh1

More recently, I built a few kit blades when I wanted to get back into knives. For me it was a natural progression that got me hooked. Now I grind my own fixed blades but have been thinking about building a folder kit, to sort of dip my toes in the water.

Attachments

• kbar mod 87.jpg
    kbar mod 87.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 29
  • TKS BOOTKNIVES.jpg
    TKS BOOTKNIVES.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Take a look at The Tutorial Forum, I just listed a WIP on a folder kit. You can see there many always possibilities.

Regards,
Steve

Does anyone make knifes from blades that other have done or factory made blades or does everybody do their knifes from scratch?

I'm not sure i dare to post knife with blades that im not done myself.
/Bruno

Although I've 'fashioned' a few from scratch (stock removal),
all the knives I've "built" were from factory knives I bought,stripped,modded then embellished.
Others were either knife supply company blades,or custom blades I bought
or had made for me,from my own designs.
As such,I call myself a "knife builder",not a Maker,and make sure to tell folks up front where the blade came from.

Back