I love airplanes (Pictures)

Mike Carter

I am a big fan of airplanes and air shows. We have a great annual show called "Thunder Over Louisville". I am not going to the show today but I did take a couple of hours off to go watch them practice yesterday. Here are a few pictures.

Thunder20101.jpg

Thunder20102.jpg

Thunder20103.jpg

Thunder20104.jpg

Thunder20105.jpg

Thunder20106.jpg

Thunder20107.jpg

Thunder20108.jpg

There is nothing like seeing (and hearing) a fighter jet going by in full afterburner 200 feet above the river and then pulling it straight up to go 3miles up in 20 seconds. They are buzzing my house today.

Nice!!

When I was younger, My dad used to fly RC planes. It was cool. He used to take me to Rhinebeck NY to watch the Air show. There were 4 wing planes!! One was named the Red Barron!!2thumbs

Cool pics Mike. I love planes as well. Use to live in Fairborn right next to Wright -Patterson AFB, Nothing quite as awsome as driving under a K5 galaxy as it is landing.

Cool pics, Mike.

I used to work at Piper Aircraft in Vero Beach, Florida where I got my pilot license. My biggest thrill was getting to fly a Stearman Biplane that my flight instructor owned. I can't pass the physical now so had to stop flying. I sure miss it.

Larry

Back