You know your obsessed with making knives when...

bjohnson

Hey guys,

I'm a relatively new maker, and I've been bit hard by the knife-making bug. I know many of you have too. So I wanted to start this thread to hear some of your ways to tell if you're obsessed with making knives. I'll start...

-you categorize your monthly expenses into mortgage, groceries, gas, and knife-making supplies.

-you find yourself doodling new knife designs during boring meetings at work.

-you get funny looks from strangers who notice the patches of bald spots on your arms.

-you use your sleeping cat as a stage for pictures of your knife progress.

I know you guys can top that. Let's hear what you got.

when you have explain 5 times a day what the background on your computer moniter is at work. (it is suppost to be the company logo) it is a close up of my glowing forge.

Attachments

• 100_0619.jpg
    100_0619.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
You are on a first name basis with the local health clinic.
No scrape of wood, steel, files, or any thing that can be made into a knife is safe around you.
Your whole family grones and rolls there eyes every time you start talking.

You're out of work and can't pay the bills, but don't want to take a job because it will interrupt your latest project.

You're out of work and can't pay the bills, but don't want to take a job because it will interrupt your latest project.

Lol, Sounds kinda like how I felt when I got called back to work last week.
I even told my boss that work was getting in the way of my knifemaking!!
i was enjoying the full time knifemaking gig!!

You fellas sure make me laugh. I was laughing while reading this thread then I thought, hey I fit that description. Kinda cool isn't it

Ya know you're obsessed with knife making when you move your wifes new car out in the rain to make room for the new knife making tools.

Larry

This one might go without saying but as far as I'm concerned it's the plain ole truth.

You know you're obsessed with knife making when..... You make your first knife :D.

After that, it's all over baby!!

When you are way too tired to do anything...but you stroll out to the shop and don't go back to the house for 4 or more hours.

Pat

I live in Arkansas, but I'm stationed in Mississippi. I have very little time to go home to visit. I know I have it bad when I spend that rare down time to travel to knife shows, seminars, and shop visits. I did take my extremely understanding and supportive wife with me when I went to visit Jim Crowell's shop yesterday. :D

Oh, I almost forgot, the other available time I have I spend on here or surfing the net for information I have yet to read.

Lastly, you know you're obsessed with knifemaking when you re-enlist in the ARMY for six more years so that you can use your re-enlistment bonus to buy knifemaking tools and supplies.

Last edited:
You know you're hooked when you hide in the bathroom with the exhaust fan and water running to call in an order so your wife doesn't find out.

When your wife tells you to move your bed out to the shop to save you time getting there. Frank

Heard this one before.

If your wife brings you something to eat and tell you good night and you say I will be in in five minutes. Then you walk out side and the sun is coming up.

Back