Has Earth finally had enough?

Curtiss Knives

KD Founding Member #1, Knifemaker
Man, I was just watching the news and saw the Icelandic volcano eruption. Crazy! We have had several major earthquakes and other natural disasters recently. Anyone notice a pattern? huh1 I think we might have made Mother Earth mad! :eek: Might be time to re-evaluate your survival plans. :unsure:

I caught a minute of Family Feud on TV the other day. The new host was John O'Hurley (Elaine's boss, J. Peterman, on Seinfeld). The category was "Things you need to replace after a natural disaster". He quipped, "Your underwear"! Classic!

If the next asteroid doesn't nail us, the sun will when it goes red giant on us.

When Yellowstone blows we are all going to be in deep s***.

No Mike, we're going to be in deep lava and ash!!!:DWhen that's done, the ash cloud is going to envelope the whole earth, temperatures will plunge and we'll find ourselves smack in the middle of a nuclear winter. Unfortunately, there really isn't a fool proof survival plan for that event, because the water supply will be tainted, no food because animals will die off. The people who have the biggest stores of non-perishables and the biggest guns to protect it will last the longest, but eventually everyone will die because it won't clear up for years. Now don't get me started on my hypothesis about the magnetic pole reversals!!!

Jeff

The environment we currently reqiure to survive is very narrow. It would not take a great change to wipe us out.

The environment we currently reqiure to survive is very narrow. It would not take a great change to wipe us out.

You're absolutely right Larry. A worldwide temperature drop of 2 degrees Fahrenheit, would send us plummeting into another ice age. Get your parkas.

Jeff

Moving up here to Indiana 6 1/2 years ago from Tennessee, it felt like the ice age and still does. cool 1

which is *exactly* why I am doing my best to make sure when it all ends, we don't have a bunch of beer left over. That would be a waste.

On the way back from Blade, I'm stopping by the Jack D. distillery in Lynchburg and grabbing a few barrels. No sense letting it go to waste! cool 1

Humans have been predicting the end of the world since... well, ever since there were humans.

Now get back to work and have a beverage or eight when the day's labor is done, ya depressing son-uva-guns! Don't forget to tell your mate/kids/friends you love 'em, and be grateful you lived one more day... that's all that really matters anyhow :)

Last edited:
I think it's funny though, that just 30 years ago, we were worried about mutually assured destruction via massive thermonuclear detonations. Now we've moved to asteroids, mayans, volcanoes, and magnetic pole reversals! I agree a good day should be a day your still waking up. Human nature will have us continue to come up with ways of our own destruction. Be it through religious beliefs, conspiracy theories, or scientific fact. Eventually though, someone will be right!:D

It'll be zombie clowns for sure!

Attachments

• ZombielandClown400.jpg
    ZombielandClown400.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 6
I would prefer --- Death by Snoo-Snoo!!

Don't make me explain it; Futurama fans will understand. No one else would care, lol.

I recently watched a program concerning some of the natural disasters earth quakes , volcanos. There was a professor from MIT and the oceanographic institute and they claim the amount of eathquakes and valcanos is pretty much normal . They also claim the news media is pumping the stories up because of a lack of newsworthy stories about the environment. So I went online and looked up some facts . They were right . the frequency is very normal . ??????

I refuse to take responsibility for the so called global warming. I sure aint gonna take responsibility for earthquakes and valcano eruptions.

Back