BARK BOX ??????

Josh Dabney

Well I have no idea what it takes to actually make it happen but I feel that it would be benificial to all if we had a Knife Dogs "BarkBox" for all to enjoy. I'm wondering if others feel the same way. I belong to forums that have it and forums that don't and I think that as much traffic as we seem to have here we would quickly develop a core of regular users. It's my feeling that it makes for quick easy communication among members and would assist us in getting to know each other and boost the comraderie of our forum. As it's been taught to me this really is the best thing about being a knifemaker.

What does everyone think ?

Tracy- Is this even possible ?

Thanks for reading and responding -Josh

John,

Exactly. But not a link to a chatroom. A public live chat right on the forums index page so when you login to Knife Dogs you'll see who's there and see what the conversation is about.

I think it will promote alot of off topic get to know ya B.S.-ing that normally isn't found much in actual threads.

I could be off base here but I wanted to see what others thought of the idea.

A shout box. Its just an active rolling constantly moving thread of live discussion usually seen somewhere at the bottom of the page. Knife forums has one thats pretty active. Apparently USN does also.

STR

STR,
Yes exactly. USN calls it "shoutbox" and TKN calls it "Bullpen" By any name It's a cool feature to have.

-Josh

I spent an hour looking. There are several out there but they have not been updated for this (latest) version of vbulletin. I've got my eye on one and when it updates, i'll give that one a go.

Back