Question on liners/spacers?

Precise

I'm trying my hand at my first knife, a slippie. I'm using the swayback jack kit knife as a pattern and making it out of 01 (since I have no way to HT ATS-34). Anyway, does it *need* a spacer between the two springs? If so, does it have to be brass or ss? I'm putting jade ghost green scales on the knife and I bought some of the bright green vulcanized material. I think it would look better if I can use it as a spacer. Keep it all nice and green. I got the material and it is .031 thick.

Any tips for finishing? I heard it was susceptible to swelling, but would be ok if coated with super glue.

Are you talking about a two blade knife? If so, yes you will need a spacer between the two blades and springs if the blades are side by side on the same end of the knife.No the fiber material wont do as spacer material, use brass, stainless or titanium.

Did you say this would be your first knife or first slipjoint?
If you have a kit I would just use the liners from the kit.
Good luck!

Sean

The blades are on the same end of the knife. I have the kit (which I am only using as a pattern) and it only came with two ss liners for the outside. (the 2 blade swayback jack from usaknifemakers). I couldn't decide if it was missing one or if there wasn't supposed to be one.

Thanks for the info! 2 bladed, same side...so no need for a spacer. Check!

Back