Got to meet James Crowell this weekend

A.W.Stovall

At a Bladesmithing workshop I went to at the "Texas Blacksmith society". He was a super nice guy very good teacher I even got to hammer a little steel myself,Unfortunatly I did not get to go back on sunday to finish it up but I had a great time Learned alot of course I new nothing about Forging,
Anthony:D

That is great!! Seems like we learn more when we don't know too much. We must pay more attention. Too bad you didn't get go back on Sunday. Now where is you pics of a forged knife?

That's awesome!

Jim is a great guy and has become what I consider to be a great friend of mine. Jim made my combat knife I carried on both tours to Iraq back in '03. Since then we have stayed in contact and I have visited his shop several times. Watching Jim work is just absolutely amazing. I can only wish to one day learn a small percentage of the knowledge that he posesses.

I currently own four of Jim's blades and hope to add to that in the years to come. I can honestly say that any blade he makes that I have the opportunity to add to my collection will stay in my collection. I could never sell one of them for the simple fact that he's not only a friend, he's one of my personal heroes.

My first knife that Jim made for me he forged (blade and tapered tang) in about 15 minutes. That man is a forging machine! And he is deadly accurate with his hammer too.

I bought an anvil from Jim last week. I'm hoping to get to go up and see him in the next week or so to pick it up.

Yeah he never misses with that hammer, me and my buddy had lunch with him, my buddy is a k9 cop Jim knows all about dogs also, Boy I wish could have went back sunday

Back