Ernie ... And the Dogs ... Thanks

Bill T

Hey Dogs , I got my Custom Bowie , that Ernie made for me , on Saturday . I wanted to show it to some people before I posted my thoughts on it .
Well first I showed it to my wife and son , both who have watched Ernie's WIP. They really couldn't believe how nice it was . Then I showed it to some friends and asked them what they thought . Everyone Loved it ! But the best part was telling them that this is only Ernies' sixth knife ! If I knew the sound of a jaw dropping I would put it here .​
Now for what I think.... Simply .. It's beautiful . He made it to a drawing I supplied and it was spot on , not a line changed . The grinds were clean and sharp , not washed or sanded out . His plunge was perfect on both sides and matched perfectly . Satin finish was flawless . Overall the fit and finish is excellent . The sheath he made is also great . I'm very impressed .​
I've made knives for 21 years now ... seen ALOT of new guys jump in . Very few had a work ethic that made them a lasting presence .​
Ernie will be with us a long time .​
I know Ernie did his best on that knife and it shows . I can tell you that anyone buying a knife from him will not be dissapointed .​
Now I'd like to Thank all of the Dogs that took the time to help guide and motivate him to be the Knifemaker he is becoming . You are the reason I joined this forum .​
With Thanks to all , Especially Ernie , Bill​

Gotta give a shout out to Ernie as well.
I'm proud to own one of his first knives also.
Looking forward to seeing things progress.

Wow, That was great. Reading that gave me a lot of satisfaction.
I have never been "Good" at anything, But I think I am starting to get the hang of this whole knife making thing. I feel as I am getting pretty good now but with more experience I will even be better.:D

I need to give thanks to you Bill. I really enjoyed building that knife and I thought it did turn out great. You also helped me a lot with our phone conversations and also for the supplies.

Thank you too, Russel It was a pleasure doing business with you.

I also need to thanks everyone else who has contacted me about a knife, and don't worry I have not forgot about you!!

And Thanks to all the Dogs for your help, and support. It has been a blessing to find so many people so willing to Help in so many ways. 2thumbs

Kinda gives you a good feeling inside doesn't it. This forum has a good heart and it will continue to draw people to us. The best part I think is how willing every one is to help out when they can.

Thank you KD.

Larry

Back