A New Treasure

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
I got a new treasure today and I'm so dang happy I can hardly contain myself. Anyone care to guess what it is?

I'll give a clue or two and see if anyone can guess.

1. It is in fairly rough shape right now, but will eventually be priceless to me.

2. It is crafted of one of the finest materials.

3. I bought it at Batson's Symposium.

Anvil, no you have 1 or 2. Not sure, :duh:talk you out of a couple of more clues?:beg: Or you could post pics and let us see and enjoy it too.2thumbs

Is it a Crazy Giant Sword?

Please tell me it's not a PINK lunchbox......

Steve

Last edited:
Rock, my wife is one of a kind. I couldn't replace her if I tried and dang sure wouldn't be able to find it at the post office if I did try.

NEXT CLUE

There were only two of these sold at Batson's and mine was the nicer of the two.

You guys are no fun. I was really expecting a few more guesses.

Anyway.........

Here is a pic of what I got. Now guess who made it! It is forged of W-2 and will be ground and heat treated today during one of the demonstrations. Unfortunately, I didn't stay for day three of the symposium, so it will be a while bfore I see the finished blade. The auction sale was for the ground and heat treated blade by the maker. After the auction the maker and I spoke and we will speak more hopefully this week about the finished project. Depending on pricing I will decide rather or not this piece will go into my collection as a ground and heat treated blade, or a completed knife.

attachment.php

This is the greatest photo. My camera died on me yesterday morning, so I had to take photos with my phone.

Attachments

• Bowie.jpg
    Bowie.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 110

Anyway.........

Here is a pic of what I got. Now guess who made it! It is forged of W-2 and will be ground and heat treated today during one of the demonstrations. Unfortunately, I didn't stay for day three of the symposium, so it will be a while bfore I see the finished blade. The auction sale was for the ground and heat treated blade by the maker. After the auction the maker and I spoke and we will speak more hopefully this week about the finished project. Depending on pricing I will decide rather or not this piece will go into my collection as a ground and heat treated blade, or a completed knife.

attachment.php

This is the greatest photo. My camera died on me yesterday morning, so I had to take photos with my phone.

I knew that!!!

Let me guess who made it.........Aldo Bruno

Anyway.........

attachment.php

Murph,
Your not the only one that got a new treasure yesterday, the CRKT you gave to the PUP, was like him winning the LOTTERY!!!! He has shown it to everyone, "explained the Tanto tip", bro you made his day!!!! Thank you for such a great gesture. Rex

Murphda,

I was only able to attend a short time on Friday. Were you the guy talkin' to Rex about something you had for sale/trade, but had something else at home that might be better? The guy I am thinking about had on a gray U.S. Air Force t-shirt.

Robert

Nope, that wasn't me. That was Bryan, aka: "wassomeoneelse". I was the bald guy in the Knife Dogs t-shirt and the U.S. Army (white with a big black "A") ball cap carrying the O.D. green satchell .

So, is Ernie the only one who is gonna guess who made the blade?

Last edited:
Aldo and Wayne are both great in thier own right, but this blade was made by someone with quite a bit more of a reputation in the knifemaking world.

Back