New to the Forum

wolfeknives

I am new to the forum, but very glad I found my way here. As I mentioned in my introduction thread, I am very excited by all the info. and WIP threads on knifemaking by very accomplished makers. Machines and I don't get along, so I will continue to use my files and sand paper, but it is great to see others who have developed outstanding skills on their equipment.
I love large daggers, but have only made backlock folders for the past several years.
Attached is a pic. of a little and relatively simple guy completed today.
Wolfgang

Attachments

• Sol Pers Comp.jpg
    Sol Pers Comp.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Holy Smokes Batman!! You call that Simple????? I would have to look for hours to see all the detail in one of your "Complicated Pieces"!!! That's Beautiful!!

Wolfgang that is truly amazing work. I am not sure if you need machines. What you do with files and sand paper I can't do with machines.

Thank you for the comments guys. A few photos of some more involved pieces.
Wolfgang

Attachments

• Art Deco.jpg
    Art Deco.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Larry Dagger.jpg
    Larry Dagger.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Darom Wings.jpg
    Darom Wings.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 16
  • Loerchner_C07_02-copy.jpg
    Loerchner_C07_02-copy.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 13
  • Don Guild Rodney Chicago 2008 copy.jpg
    Don Guild Rodney Chicago 2008 copy.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 14
Hi Wolfgang,
Its good to see you on the Dogs forums and posting your beauties! I've been a fan of yours for years. I wish I could do what you do especially without the use of power tools. My hands sleep at night better than I do, how do you survive all the handwork?

Thank you Bruce, this is a great compliment from a master artist of your standing. After 30 years of filing & sanding my hands and wrists are starting to give me some problems. Keeps the therapist in rent money.
I will be contacting you right after the Solvang show regarding the PM I sent you just before Christmas. It has been a very busy few month's getting ready for shows.
Wolfgang

You are my knifemaking Hero! I look forward seeing you in Solingen!
Stunning knives and extraordinary workmanship.
Your knives are beyond words, just beyond words..

That is Beautiful Wolfgang and without machines. I am thoroughly impressed. Thanks for sharing that with us dogs.

Pat

Back