Knife show in Boise, Id

now that looks interesting. I can't make an application payment until after the reno show next weekend, but that could be a good expansion.

One week exactly after the November Big Reno Show, but that's sort of cool. By that time the reno show will be a commute show for me from Fallon.

Have to see if I can afford fees and travel.

No hotels info or recommendations/special rates at the site.

I got an email invite to this one. I'm wondering if travel in November will be a problem over the mountain. It looks like a good show. Its in Bill Burkes home towm too.

Hi Bruce,

You know how it is over the Blues sometimes pretty rough but usually in early November it is not too bad:)

I'd like to go. Committing is going to take another few days of thought.

1: I'm in the middle of buying a house, and covering the coss of the trip is a bit of a gamble for me. Of course, I've never been to a knife show, jus sold knives at gun shows.

2: AFAIK, I have no real collector value at this point, I make working knives, users- even my dressy knives are a far cry from what the classic ABS style shinies look like. Do I stack up?

3: Beer and bbq time with people like bruce and wayne would be absolutely fantastic!

4: 8 hour drive. ugh. And I think I'd end up having to come solo.

I got an email invite to this one. I'm wondering if travel in November will be a problem over the mountain. It looks like a good show. Its in Bill Burkes home towm too.

Bruce, I have been back and forth over the blues multiple times this time of year and never had any problems. not saying that there will not be any weather but????? I am planning on going to this show as well as some of the other smiths in the west. With blade show west being cancelled I think this is going to be a really fun and doable show. The Boise airport is small and easy to get to and from and has flights to most major citys with only one stop. So everyone, if your thinking about this show just do it. I really think this show could be very fun and much like the OKCA show was in the 90,s. lets do all we can to make it happen.2thumbs

Bruce, I have been back and forth over the blues multiple times this time of year and never had any problems. not saying that there will not be any weather but????? I am planning on going to this show as well as some of the other smiths in the west. With blade show west being cancelled I think this is going to be a really fun and doable show. The Boise airport is small and easy to get to and from and has flights to most major citys with only one stop. So everyone, if your thinking about this show just do it. I really think this show could be very fun and much like the OKCA show was in the 90,s. lets do all we can to make it happen.2thumbs

The weather gets bad in December generally so it may be just fine in my 2 wheel drive pickup.
How big of roll do you play in the planning Bill? It sounds like its has some dedicated people at the helm.
Yes without BladeWest we need something in this region. Are you going to the OCKA this weekend? I remember it was the show to go to and all the big boys and deep pocket collectors were there back in the day so The Boise Show could learn from their mistakes and be a premier show. I have always thought the city should come and not rely on makers and collectors to fly in. Local advertising is a must. We did the Chicago Show and I was dissapointed that locals didnt seem to know anything about it. That said I like the way OCKA does their "members only" day for us to BS and buy supplies, do the competition and finger foods/drinks and awards before the official opening to the public. Its a huge club and mostly well organized. It takes dedications to make it work.

This is one sounds fun. 3 hour drive for me. It is the right time of year with the holiday's right around the corner. Will send application right after we get back from Eugene.

Bing
MLazyB Custom Knives

OKCA Table 10B

Blade Show Table 24P tester table

That is a really good point. I was counting on starting to do blade west after this summer with wife graduating from nursing school and the move complete. Not having that option, this could be a really good show for me to do.

The weather gets bad in December generally so it may be just fine in my 2 wheel drive pickup.
How big of roll do you play in the planning Bill? It sounds like its has some dedicated people at the helm.
Yes without BladeWest we need something in this region. Are you going to the OCKA this weekend? I remember it was the show to go to and all the big boys and deep pocket collectors were there back in the day so The Boise Show could learn from their mistakes and be a premier show. I have always thought the city should come and not rely on makers and collectors to fly in. Local advertising is a must. We did the Chicago Show and I was dissapointed that locals didnt seem to know anything about it. That said I like the way OCKA does their "members only" day for us to BS and buy supplies, do the competition and finger foods/drinks and awards before the official opening to the public. Its a huge club and mostly well organized. It takes dedications to make it work.

Bruce, I have offered my thoughts and advice and also some suggestions for layout and such. David is planning on doing as much advertizing as possible with a couple of TV spots and heavy local advertising starting a few weeks before the show also some adds in different magazines. It will also help if big name well known makers LIKE YOU as well as everyone else invites their collectors to come. The weather in Boise at that time of year is usually pretty mild with crisp cool nights and daytime highs in the sixtys. There is shopping and things to do for the familyswho get tired of the knife show. I believe that David is planning on going to the OKCA show and has contacted Dennis about helping with that show so watch for him there. I alas am not going to be able to be there this year because of other commitments. :mad:

I really look forward to this show and hope that it can become the west's premier show. I think that it has the potential.

Well, I just printed the form out and sent an email. I'd like to see a premier show in the West :D

only one problem with the dates of the show...it is deer season. most guys will be hunting.

Jeff, What seasons are open then? Last year about the only seasons open where some late season archery and muzzleloader hunts. I did not check for this year but assumed it would be the same. there are most likely conflics in other states though which is probably what you are talking about.

Last edited:
Several controlled hunts( Where I shot my big deer) are going on at this time but most deer seasons ( Rifle) are finished up.

I've been thinking more and more about this show. Weather has got me a little concerned also. I may just check into flying.

I just called Andy to put me down for a table. Now I just need to figure out how to get there.

Last edited:
I have contacted them for an application. Sounds like a good one to attend as a maker or a collector.

Back