Lets see um

Why Shore!! I'd be Glad to!! The Bowie is handled with Ironwood, and the "Nessie" is handled with stabilized Buckeye Burl.

BowieandNessie7.jpg

The Larger Bowie is a "Kit Knife" all I did was put the handles on it. The other two are O-1 Steel and are far from perfect!! But Right Now.... I'm proud of 'em, even if they suck in comparison to may of the Beautiful knives the "Old Dogs" make. The Nessie I use in the kitchen as it slices Potatoes better than anything else we have knife-wise!!

KnivesIvemade002.jpg

Gosh, Thanks!! That is the very first one I made from scratch. But I am glad of two things with it. One, it is my first and I currently carry it every day here on the Farm. It's a worker,was from the time it was still on paper. Two The first set of scales I had chosen for it split due to my not paying attention and having way too many pin holes. This resulted in me using the Ironwood scales on it. OK so Ironwood can be a pain, But I love Ironwood!! Those scales just make me crazy over it!! LOL So much so, that I have a few more Ironwood scales being shipped to me now!!!

These are my 4th and 5th knives in progress. Somehow, I managed to loose the camp knife (!!!!!) and the utility knife hasn't been cooparating with me.

The tang refusing to get flag, when I taught it was flat; several gaps still showed up after the glue up. Expoxy bond didn't hold so the scales fell off during shaping. Sanded all the expoxy off and roughned the surface somemore, fell of again during drilling the final pinholes AND I forgot to put a backing beneath the handle so it split on me as well. So I ripped off the other scale and just scrapped it. When I started sawing the other handle material in half..I didn't check to make sure the blade was in the center so now I'll have hours of sanding to do to get the two scales a even thickness.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the top lamination of the thinnest handle scale cracked off in some parts which will make it extremly thin by the time I sand it down flat. At this point, I'm thinking I would be better off just scrapping this material and either ordering something else or finding something that will work.
The profile didn't look right either so I took it back to the grinder and done some changes. The blade is more inline with the handle and the thumb groove is much deeper. (maybe to much)

The top knife is made from a lawnmower blade while the blank I lost was made from precision ground 0-1.

EDIT: Just found the camper wip so it's now priority over the utility. Drilled more holes in it today so it'll be more balanced once the handle and bolsters are attached and for added grip of the expoxy. Ready for Ht now after more initial sanding.

Attachments

• Knife.jpg
    Knife.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys, been lurking for a while. Stock removal 1084 with micarta.

Attachments

• Kephart.jpg
    Kephart.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 64
Not much finished here. These are all out to Brad for HT. I have been pretty quiet around here....just means I have been busy. Ihope to have some finished product pics soon!

Slow going on my stalled out Coote, but I am still grinding...thats what matters most to a rookie2thumbs

More Entry-Tools, Damascus Tac-Style Bowie, little EDC's, my first attempt at a K-Bit.....I dont recommend this unless you have a squared up drill press.....Talk about going nutts....
MakingProgress005.jpg

MakingProgress2007.jpg

AGrantsBlade001.jpg

I am sure you all remember my first blade....The Entry-Tool....I had Dave at GLWJ cut 6 for me:
ETPhoneHome001.jpg

Just more WIP:
Jamesd2.jpg

AAA010.jpg

AAA009.jpg

AAA005.jpg

AAA001.jpg

Thanks for looking and KD is the best damn forum on the web!!!

Chris

Here's a machete I made (O1)

057rm8.jpg

Here's a camp knife

62108154rq9.jpg

Here's my latest balisong with a blade profile I've been thinking of making for months now. Glad I finally got it out of my head!

img4377c.jpg

Here's my pile of works in progress

img4384i.jpg

You guys have some great knives. I love seeing everyone's unique designs!:D

Nice pics all!
my favs were the Machete and Knuckle Fighter by NP, and the Tac Drop clip by CM.
Thanks to all for posting pics!

Back