WHARNCLIFFE IN A-2 EDC

ONeill

A nice sized every day carry knife in the wharncliffe design . The blade was heat treated by Peter's heat treat to an Rc. 61 . It is A-2 , 5/32 steel ,flat ground and scotch bright satin finished , the specs. are

Steel - A-2 , 5/32
O.A.L is 7 1/4"
Blade is 3 1/4" with a sharpened edge at 3 "
Handle is Madrone Burl
pins are my home made mosaic pins S.S.and copper .
Sheath is 7 oz veg tan leather
$ 115.00 plus $5.00 for shipping USPS Priority mail .SOLD
Pay-pal is sugarland@wwest.net , postal M/O or check ( ck held for clearance )
Thanks for looking

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
nice looking knife 2thumbs. I like a wharncliff blade.
I think it makes a great EDC utility style knife.

Great deal! Woody Please go introduce yourself on the introductions page. Thanks and welcome!

Yeah, I had asked Jack if he could make this design for me. I had gotten a BEAUTIFUL wharncliff fighter from him last year, and wanted an EDC in a wharncliff style. I'll see if I can find the pics of it, it's big and wicked!
Ah, here's one. 6" blade edge, A2 steel, Antique Ivory scales and Mosaic pins. I need to take a hand shot because the pic is an optical illusion. This blade is HUGE!
cwharn.jpg

Here is my O'Neil EDC knife. I love it and it's one fine edc/utility! I have since made a Kydex Necker sheath for it and it's is a great necker, too!
cwharnee2.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I am not done with Mr O'Neil yet, maybe by August, I'll have to get another custom from him.
The Antique Ivory Micarta has surprised me. It has actually patina'd in the last 4-5 months and has become even more mature ivory-ish.
Here is a pic I took yesterday with my RIA TAC compact (just got it back from the Cerakote guy, yesterday).
rs2.jpg

I'll get a pic of the fighter in hand, and start another thread, later today.

I guess I should check in here more often . I don't seem to be getting the automatic updates for these post .
Thanks Robert for sharing my work here .

You are welcome Jack.
Both knives I have gotten from you are 1st rate, make no mistake.
Ima poet and don't knowit!
I know you are busy, but I bet you could sell a couple more of the big Wharncliffs. The style is VERY unusual, and they would, with different scales, be one offs.
And you already have heard from the guys here that the EDC would be sold, fast.
I am looking at one of your sales at Blade, and thinking very serious about one of the b&T's, maybe the orange padauk. But, as always, it would be the 1st of next month to pay.
Silly Pension check, never around when you need it!
I'll email you later about that.

Back