Help me identify the maker of this knife

bjtiger75

First a little background into this knife. My Uncle Tommy was like a Grandfather to me because both of my grandfather's died when I was young(2 and 6). He was the one who always took me hunting, fishing, etc. He collected knives, mainly Case, but had some customs also. When I was 15 he was diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer. By this time my parents and I where living here in SC but most of my family including my uncle lived in North Florida. That summer my parents let me go spend the entire summer in Florida with him to help my aunt because he was having trouble getting around by himself at this point. We spent that entire summer going fishing and just hanging out together. The day I left to go back home he gave me this knife. He had it made for me. He told me he would take me to the guys that made it the next weekend because we were planning. We never made it back to see him because he passed away a couple of days later. Needless to say I have always wondered who made the knife. Here are some pictures of the knife and a brief description.

The knife was made in 1995 and has a brass guard, leather spacer, and antler handle. Blade is 4.75" from tip to guard and the handle is roughly 4 inches. The blade has to be some sort of stainless because before I knew any better the knife was stored in its sheath at my parents house for 7-8 years with a lot of my other stuff. It showed no signs of rust in that time. It takes and has a very good edge and holds it well. The knife also has the name Brown roughly scribed into the ricasso. It also has two deer tracks on the base of the handle. My uncle lived in Suwanee County, FL, so I would guess the maker would have been within a 100 mile radius.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0800.jpg

I can't provide any information on the maker, but I would like to say that I was very moved by your story. That is a great looking knife that I'm sure will become a very cherished family heirloom for generations to come.

In the event that no one is able to assist in identifying the maker, I would advise checking with some of the local hunting stores in the area or some of the local hunting clubs. There is surely someone in the area who is familiar with the maker.

Murph,

The knife does mean a lot to me, so thanks. Unfortunately I have not been down there in 7-8 years because most of my family in the area has moved, passed away, etc. so I am hoping I can find something here.

Thanks,
BJ

Back