New watch for a very good customer

papi

Hey everyone,
look what i finally got them finished today. Actually, i was finished with them like two weeks ago, i just needed my buddy here to put the handles on for me, and make me a band for them, cause those are two things i just ain't capable of -working with leather and those tiny watch hands...

Anyway, the case is 45mm diam. damasteel, back, the wheel and lugs are titanium, and the dial and wheel insert are CF. The hands are luminous, and the second hand is orange - i thought i would splash a little color to the otherwise monochromatic watch, and the customer loved it. Well,the customer is my cousin, but i really enjoyed working for him. (And borrowing his HD bike as a reward for these :) )

IMG_4710.jpg

IMG_4711.jpg

IMG_4712.jpg

IMG_4714.jpg

Thanks for looking, Ondrej

Thank you guys :)
I really like to try new things, challenge myself... even though it often bites me in the ass :)
I went for the crazy clean look, with no numbers, no nothing. I wanted the CF to go undisturbed, no embellishment, just the understated elegance. Well, just like the Harley the watch is supposed to match to :) I hope you know what i mean.

David, we went with ETA G10 quartz movement. I was all for mechanical, but the quartz just seemed more practical as this watch will be worn almost 24/7. Well except when he's cutting people up:) (no worries, he's a surgeon, not a psycho :D )

Ondrej

Thank you guys :)
David, we went with ETA G10 quartz movement. I was all for mechanical, but the quartz just seemed more practical as this watch will be worn almost 24/7. Well except when he's cutting people up:) (no worries, he's a surgeon, not a psycho :D )

Ondrej

I don't know. Some surgeons seem rather psychotic! :eek:

Have much trouble machining the damascus body to accept the movement? I am not such a watch purist that I would have to have a mechanical movement. Both of my watches are quartz. Others might disagree, so I'm sure if you could mount a mechanical movement you would satisfy them.

Now if you can make the damascus case, give it a dial of thin CP titanium with some great engraving, and a black alligator strap. . .

David

Thanks guys :)
It's not the machining part that keeps kicking my ass, it's more the figuring out part, what to do first, how to do it and so on. The machining itself is difficult, but not as much as coming up with a process.

David, are you hinting something or what? :)

I am actually working on another watch right now, and that will be mechanical, with damasteel case, and many other cool things in it :) Wait and see :)

Ondrej

David, are you hinting something or what? :)

Wishing and dreaming!

I've thought of building a watch or two. Not so much the tactical look, although Damasteel and CF are pretty cool. Damascus or precious metal mokume case, and I'd send the face to my engraver friend, Ray Cover, or a new engraver I know, a lady named Kim. Maybe a dragon (European, not Asian) or koi in metal inlay swimming around the face. Or maybe some fantasy space chic with cybernetic parts!

I doubt that my lathe and mill could handle the machining required for a watch, so I'll leave that work to you guys, and just . . . dream!

Looking forward to seeing your next one.

David

Sweet looking watch,

Love the Damasteel.
I personally don't care for watches with numbers. I love the clean face on yours.
By this time in life we should be able to figure it out!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Back