Anyone get a view like this on the job?

CDHumiston

KNIFE MAKER
I had to visit some sites in Nevada last week. Here are a few pictures.

1st three are Spirit Mountain near Christmas Tree pass and last two are Mount Potosi near Goodsprings.

Attachments

• DSC01597.jpg
    DSC01597.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC01621.jpg
    DSC01621.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC01622.jpg
    DSC01622.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC00342.jpg
    DSC00342.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC00358.jpg
    DSC00358.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 45
I get views exactly like that when I'm traveling every day except my views are flat plowed fields waiting to be planted and a couple cows now and then ...but pretty much like that.

Last edited:
I have to look at 4-5 hours of 12 lane traffic before I get to see this, so I guess I pay for it.

I miss the fresh plowed fields I grew up playing in when I was a boy in Ohio. Dirt clod fights were great. Now plowing those fields when I was a teenager was a different story!

I hate to rub it in but this is the view outside of my shop...the commute to work every morning is torture....:eek:;)

SouthernViewwithfallingsnow.jpg

Winter

IMGP3416.jpg

Spring

BrainardandAB003.jpg

Summer

For Autumn pics in the Colorado Rockies...see the winter pic again. ;)
In reality, we have only three seasons...winter, summer, and mud. Mud Season comes twice a year...once between winter and summer and then again between summer and winter. I love it all. At 8,500 feet elevation, there aren't too many bad seasons nor views. Okay, okay...I know that he blessed us. American by birth, mountain man by the grace of God.

CustomSignatureBarHD.png

Best regards and God Bless,
Wayne

Full Time Maker
Member of the Professional Knifemakers Association
www.jarrettknives.com
Are you a Dawg yet?

Be sure to check out the new Jarrett Knives Forum

Stop by my table at
The A.G. Russell Knife Event

Nice views, now if my son could only say something about his views on his way to work. He has been without a paycheck since Dec 2008 and can not find any job what so ever. A lot of good a computer engineering degree with 20+ years experience. Sorry for the whine, but this is killing me as his dad and knowing what he is going through and no means to help.

Back to on topic, great views all.
Jim

Nice views, now if my son could only say something about his views on his way to work. He has been without a paycheck since Dec 2008 and can not find any job what so ever. A lot of good a computer engineering degree with 20+ years experience. Sorry for the whine, but this is killing me as his dad and knowing what he is going through and no means to help.

Jim

Jim,

Have your son check out www.usajobs.com if hasn't already. The government has computer and network jobs open all the time. the job series is 2210. Good Luck!

Jim

I feel your son's pain, I have been unemployed for a year as of today... its depressing with the years I spent training, tell your son to stick in there... sooner or later it has to get better, right? I have since decided to change professions(after 8 years in my field) and am becoming a police officer, what I have always wanted to do anyways, so why not.

Back to the task at hand, all of you suck... I look outside and see asphalt and red clay... ughhh the Carolina Piedmont, the concrete keeps a creepin.

Every job is not so picturesque, but occasionally I end up in places like this...

View from transmission tower (facing east)
4498246212_1cfc83417b_o.jpg

(facing west)
4498246244_0b96952197_o.jpg

Erin

OK, I'll post a couple shots of me actually doing some work...but this is my vew.

Attachments

• DSC00213.jpg
    DSC00213.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC00208.jpg
    DSC00208.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC00175.jpg
    DSC00175.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 35
Wayne those are some great looking pictures . That winter pic should be on the front of a Christmas card.

Heres a handrailing job I just finished up. I

Attachments

• DSCN7126.jpg
    DSCN7126.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCN7135.jpg
    DSCN7135.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCN7143.jpg
    DSCN7143.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 17
Chris,
I think I have a picture of the same rock as in your third pic. Looks like you're hanging out between Laughlin and Searchlight, been there several times. Love that area, there are some really nice views and rugged terrain.
Bruce

Chris,
I think I have a picture of the same rock as in your third pic. Looks like you're hanging out between Laughlin and Searchlight, been there several times. Love that area, there are some really nice views and rugged terrain.
Bruce

Yea, thats the area. Unfortunately I only get to go there twice a year now. They have cut back my road trips to Nevada. I have 20 site all over southern California. Some have beautiful views due to the elevation, but some are pure ugly scrub desert.

I used to drive Semi and drove the Conus. I had a great view out of my office window, changed every minute!!!

Back