Knife appraiser needed.

Dwane Oliver

I need someone to appraise a knife. Its a very unique piece. I have heard others ask " is it for insurance or sale " I dont understand what it matters. I just want to know if my investment is paying off.

Thanks
Dwane

a knife is only worth what you can sell it for in specific amount of time. Les Robertson stops by here often. He is probably the most active on the net doing that kind of than and he can give you an appraisal. I've no idea what he charges but I know it won't be free.
Another method is to watch eBay for several months and look for similar knives. I know you said it is unique but a knife is a knife is a knife and there is going to be something similar come through at some point. eBay isn't the last word in what a knife is worth but a sold price won't be that far off.

a knife is only worth what you can sell it for in specific amount of time. Les Robertson stops by here often. He is probably the most active on the net doing that kind of than and he can give you an appraisal. I've no idea what he charges but I know it won't be free.
Another method is to watch eBay for several months and look for similar knives. I know you said it is unique but a knife is a knife is a knife and there is going to be something similar come through at some point. eBay isn't the last word in what a knife is worth but a sold price won't be that far off.

That is very true Boss , I see guys sell knives all of the time that I think are way overpriced , but that's irrelevant. If you can get it more power to ya.
I wasn't looking for a freebie either.

do you have pictures of the knife.

As a matter of fact I do Jeff.

Some of you probably remember this knife , I won it in an auction a few years back. I do agree that a knife is a knife , but this one is a bit different than most, well.....there are 2 others like it. One in the museum and one on the ship. On to the pics.

DSC02521.jpg

DSC02523.jpg

DSC02522.jpg

DSC02524.jpg

Please PM me , as I would gladly PAY someone to appraise this for me , or at least tell me what they think its value may be. I understand it my be difficult to get a good value on it because its not old and there have been none others like it sold. As I stated earlier , I'm just wondering about my investment. Its NOT for sale either.

Thanks
Dwane

Last edited:
Back