Wanenmacher's Tulsa Arms Show - April 10-11

Ankrom Exotics

Forum Owner & Moderator
Decided to give this show a try..... any other Dogs gonna be there?

If so, look us up. I can't remember our table # at the moment but I'll track it down and post it later.

Anywhere from Row 8 topside to the dropoff is custom knife area. Bill Coye, Rick Menefee, Brett Dowell, Ray Kirk, Craig Steketee, Don Parrish,and I will be at Row 5 section c. Bidwell, Ralph Smith, Gary Crowder, Rusty Polk, Gary WIngo, are in this area. Brad Vice Alabama Damascus is close. Row 1 has Bob Dozier and John Perry in section D. There are more downstairs just can't name them all. Don't want to forget Billy Helton is downstairs.

Last edited:
Me, my brother, and a couple friends are driving up Saturday morning. I would love to know wehre to stop by and meet you guys.

Anywhere from Row 8 topside to the dropoff is custom knife area. Bill Coye, Rick Menefee, Brett Dowell, Ray Kirk, Craig Steketee, Don Parrish,and I will be at Row 5 section c. Bidwell, Ralph Smith, Gary Crowder, Rusty Polk, Gary WIngo, are in this area. Brad Vice Alabama Damascus is close. Row 1 has Bob Dozier and John Perry in section D. There are more downstairs just can't name them all. Don't want to forget Billy Helton is downstairs.

Me, my brother, and a couple friends are driving up Saturday morning. I would love to know wehre to stop by and meet you guys.

Hi Jeff, you can find us on Row 5 section C - see you there.

BC

Setting up this afternoon was a lot of fun. Rick Menefee came in, then Brett Dowell with Don Parrish,Craig Steketee. Said hello to Billy Helton,Bill Kennedy,Jerry Mc Clure, Jerald Nickles, Ryan Minchew and family,Jerry Barngrover. had several of us passing around folders and a good discussion. 7 of us went out to dinner together for more discussion before I had to call it a night and go home. Show officially starts tomorrow at 8 am. See you there

We got to meet Sumo and Pat. Did my friendly duty and sliced off two knuckles for Bill. he can tell you the story. Strange show for Tulsa- attendance slow early then finally filled up somewhat. Maybe too nice a spring day. Sales were not very good. Alot of very good knives there and very good knifemakers.

What a blast! Good people, good coffee, good $3.50 hotdogs, great knives and good conversation.

Got to meet Pat with Ankrom Exotics for 1.5 seconds while I worked my table.

One Ridgeback got hung up in the kydex sheath. I pulled one way, Mike pulled the other and.....well....lets just say direct pressure and elevation are key in hemorrhage control.

:)

BC

What a blast! Good people, good coffee, good $3.50 hotdogs, great knives and good conversation.

Got to meet Pat with Ankrom Exotics for 1.5 seconds while I worked my table.

One Ridgeback got hung up in the kydex sheath. I pulled one way, Mike pulled the other and.....well....lets just say direct pressure and elevation are key in hemorrhage control.

:)

BC

oh no! 1

You need to pack a heat gun!

It was great meeting you guys. I had planned on making it back sunday but it did not work out the way I planned. Lets just say I will be ready for the show coming up. You guys are truly amazing artists.

It was good to meet all the Dogs at the show as well as the other makers who were also in attendance. This was the first knife/gun combo show I've seen where the knifemakers didn't have their own section. Rather, they were scattered all through the show and mixed in with all the gun dealers etc... Made it very tough for us as suppliers to do business as I had to walk the entire show, hunt them down and make them aware of our presence. Worked out alright though and we've booked our table for the November show. If we missed you at this one we'll try our best to catch you at the next one.

here is a few of us at that infamous 5c at the Wannamakers show. Bill took a picture for me of my table facing. Behind to the right is Stew Killiam(purveoyor) , next left is Jeff Millus(jwknives), White hat back to us is Bill Semptner from Oklahoma City. Left is Ray Kirk (Mastersmith) With OL Bill there we have quuite the group.

Attachments

• group at tables.jpg
    group at tables.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 17
Mike that is a bunch of great looking knives. Could you if you still have it post a pic of the one on the black leather closest to the front of the table. It is in front of your right hand, it has a dark colored handle. Hope that tells you which one.

James that is a dyed black mascur birch burl from Alaska.
Mike it usually is a hoot. This Spring was a little slow. 4000 TABLES and 11 acres under roof. Estimate of people most time is over 10,000 at the show a day. We set up Friday afternoon for a dealer look over, then Saturdy full blown. I know Saturday you are wore out and sometimes hoarse from talking to so many people. BUT really enjoy visiting with all your friends and see what is new. We are sorry to hear of some bad (Johnny Stout loss) but most shows are fine.

Back