Jarrett Knives - "Palaver" in Mixed Burls

Jarrettknives

Here is a new one to fill a special order...hope you like it.

SPECS

OAL: 8 5/8”
Blade: 3 3/8” X 1 3/8" wide; Flat Grind; 59RC; 3/16” thick
towards front of blade; tapered tang; satin finish
Blade Steel: 1095 High Carbon Steel, differentially heat treated
File Work: N/A
Handle: Dyed Maple Burl in browns, blacks and greens
Bolsters: Dyed Maple Burl in aqua and teal blues
Pins: 416 Stainless Steel

Randy-Palaver-Comp1.jpg

Randy-Palaver-Right-Profile-Framed.jpg

Randy-Palaver-Right-Handle-Framed.jpg

Randy-Palaver-Left-Profile.jpg

Randy-Palaver-Left-Handle-Framed.jpg

CustomSignatureBarHD.png

Full Time Maker
Member of the Professional Knifemakers Association
www.jarrettknives.com

Are you a Dawg yet?

Be sure to check out the new Jarrett Knives Forum

Stop by my table at
The A.G. Russell Knife Event

Thanks a bunch guys. I truly appreciate the kind words.

You know what? I posted the same thread over at the "other" forum this morning right after I posted this one here on KD. It's been all day and not one comment. I 'spose I'm not one of the cool kids in their click. Not that I live for comments - hardly - but it just shows the type of great "brothers in arms" we have over here at KD. I'm proud to be a dawg!

Hope you have a great weekend.
CustomSignatureBarHD.png

Full Time Maker
www.jarrettknives.com

Are you a Dawg yet?

Stop by my table at

VERY nice looking. To be honest I'd never even considered making a bolster out of wood. 2thumbs

Fletch - You need to try it.

IMHO...our present day bolsters are mainly for show anyway. In the days of old when quality steel was hard to come by, possibly the knives of those days needed "bolstering" due to thinner stock (again, reserving the rare steel of the day). The bolster then reinforced the fulcrum point i.e. if the knife was plunged in and lifted as in combat. The worst thing to happen was to have your blade break off if you needed it again for another opponent. I'm by no means a historian - this is just what was explained to me when I was a kid by an old blacksmith who fought hand to hand in the trenches of the first World War.

Regarding wood bolsters...it's basically just a two piece handle. I'd never put them on a knife intended solely to save it's owners life, like one meant for our troops in Iraq or Afghanistan - it's just not practical in those instances. However, on a hunter or other knife meant for domestic use - go for it. It adds another way you can spread your artistic wings. Take care buddy.
CustomSignatureBarHD.png

Full Time Maker
www.jarrettknives.com

Are you a Dawg yet?

Stop by my table at

Last edited:
You know what? I posted the same thread over at the "other" forum this morning right after I posted this one here on KD. It's been all day and not one comment. I 'spose I'm not one of the cool kids in their click. Not that I live for comments - hardly - but it just shows the type of great "brothers in arms" we have over here at KD. I'm proud to be a dawg!

Oddly enough I tend to get more responses to my questions on the other forum. To be honest I haven't even noticed it over there. A lot of times it's easier to see things here because I usually hit the "new posts" button. Since it's a smaller group here less threads pop up. Over there you can get 8-10 pages of new posts and most of which are from sub forums I don't even visit on there. So it could also just be a function of not a lot of people looking in the section you posted it in..... Where was it posted anyway?

I Agree

Thanks a bunch guys. I truly appreciate the kind words.

Hope you have a great weekend.
CustomSignatureBarHD.png

Full Time Maker
www.jarrettknives.com

Are you a Dawg yet?

Stop by my table at

Back