Knife Makers do you?

JatMat

Today is the day to plant a garden, just wondering if any of you do the same? I love doing one, I don't have much land available, but I do fill up every available spot in wife's flower beds with Tomatoes, Squash and peppers. Have about 100' of bush beans to go in.
Happy Easter to all,
Jim

We plant a garden every year...but for us it's still about two months away. Planting anything in Montana before the end of May is just asking to get it frozen/killed.

Most folks here buy seedlings in March/April, and keep them indoors for a month or two, then transplant them to the garden.

Last year I was so sure that things would be different....I transplanted the tomatoes on the last Monday in May.....Well, that Thursday, we woke up to 23F. Our growing season is so short, things like Corn, melons, etc, that have long maturity times just don't make it.

I plant every year. I also use self watering containers for tomatoes. Always have a bumper crop of tomatoes with self watering containers.

I grew up on a farm so I really enjoy my garden. It is still a little early here for most crops. The only thing we have out so far are peas, lettuce and oinions. I usually put out some "early" corn in April, even though we still may have a chance for frost.

I can pet weeds to grow great. If I can find a good use for ragweed I would be RICH! We did tators and mators last year with good results. Need to get some in the ground soon. The weather is not all that great. It woun't make up its mind. Defently Mother Nature! We would be able to plant at the right time if it was Father Nature! Good luck planting!

I've had a garden in the past, there's nothing like a salad that's only been picked about 3 minutes ago. I'd like to plant one this year, but I haven't figured out an affordable way to keep the deer out of it. If deer poop was worth money, I'd be rich, too!

We put in a 30'x90' plot every yr. Downsized when all the kids went their separate ways.
That pretty much feeds us all yr. Plus all the stuff I bring home from the woods and other farms.
I'm going out to dig a bucket of ramps here ina little bit.

I've had a garden in the past, there's nothing like a salad that's only been picked about 3 minutes ago. I'd like to plant one this year, but I haven't figured out an affordable way to keep the deer out of it. If deer poop was worth money, I'd be rich, too!

You better get packin that stuff up!!:eek::D
http://www.cabelas.com/p-0068939229892a.shtml

I am going to try to do flowers for the first time!!
Where I live I cant really have a garden!

I help my folks out with one. Another week or two and we will be eating some fresh asparagus. 2thumbs

I'm going to try a small one. This will be a survival challenge. I'll till it with a rented power tiller (cause I like doing it) and I'll plant some sweet corn, maters, peppers and peas and maybe a super pumpkin. It will have to survive entirely on it's own after I plant it. We'll see what happens by fall.

Got most of mine in today, it was 93 degrees today, I sure hope we do not get a frost, I planted sugar peas and 3 rows of bush beans, 10 tomato plants, 10 crookneck squash, couple of pepper plants. Have the pink-eyed peas and cucumbers to go yet. Can't wait for some of the fresh veggies.

BTW: I am TIRED, been out since the first post in this thread this morning.
Thanks to the mod who moved the thread after I posted in wrong forum. I reported myself.:eek:

I grew up on a farm so growing a garden is kind of a given at my house. This year I might not be able to work it much, cause I just can't get around that well any more, but somehow I'll get it in the ground and go from there. My kids live close and they will work it if they want to reap the harvest.

Larry

I not much of a gardener, but I have a couple of bee hives and really enjoy them.

Back