I got put on probation today

LR Adkins

The law has been laid down!

How many of you have holes in your cloths, especially your shirts from forging or welding? Lately I have been too lazy or in too big of a hurry to put my apron on before welding. Yesterday I wore a new shirt to the shop and burned a hole in the sleeve and the wife washed cloths today and found it. About two thirds of my shirts have burn holes in them from sparks off the forge or welder. She didn't wait until I got home, she called me at the shop and chewed my behind pretty good.

She put the hammer down, I'm on probation. One more shirt with holes in them from carelessness and I will have to buy my own cloths and worse I will have to wash all my cloths from now on to boot.

So fellas wear your apron when you forge or weld.:D

Larry

Been there. Now I just wear the same clothes all the time, till they fall off. Saves time, laundry detergent and avoids arguments. 2thumbs

Then again, I'm single... hmmm, I wonder if there's a correlation there? :confused:

DOh!!!! That was pretty harsh Jeff.

Luckily, my loving mife hasn't dopped any hammers like that on me yet, but I try to always wear the old clothes to the shop when I'm working. I hate ruining nice clothes that I spent hard earned money on. I've learned that not only forging and welding will eat up clothing. Have you ever turned around and bent over to pick up something you dropped while grinding and not turned the grinder off? I did ONCE. I now have a pair of jeans with rear end a/c. I felt like a dummy. Luckily, it only got the jeans and not my hind quarter.

DOh!!!! That was pretty harsh Jeff.

Luckily, my loving mife hasn't dopped any hammers like that on me yet, but I try to always wear the old clothes to the shop when I'm working. I hate ruining nice clothes that I spent hard earned money on. I've learned that not only forging and welding will eat up clothing. Have you ever turned around and bent over to pick up something you dropped while grinding and not turned the grinder off? I did ONCE. I now have a pair of jeans with rear end a/c. I felt like a dummy. Luckily, it only got the jeans and not my hind quarter.

:bud: Hey I feel a breeze!!!! :haha:useless1

I have no one to put me on probation and my shop is right out my apartment door until I build a new house. I will put on good clothes and then some little thing will call to me in the shop. Next thing I know there is epoxy or something all over what are now my newest shop clothes. I seem to have a lot of shop clothes and not very many nice clothes.:confused:

James, only you would want to see a pic of my bare butt after I backed into my grinder. I'll probably have to make those my Blade Show jeans.

Pass the brain-bleach, please! I now have the image of a sweaty dude grinding away, wearing nothing but chaps, stuck in my head :eek:

James, only you would want to see a pic of my bare butt after I backed into my grinder. I'll probably have to make those my Blade Show jeans.

Only because it shows what could happen. When I grinded the end of my thumb off everyone whated a look at it. Just trying to figure out how to explain the jeans. "Honey you know something really funny happened to day in the shop..............." :rolleyes:

LOL,.. exactly why I have a plastic tub of shop clothes , old jeans, kahkis,shirts both short sleeve and long, and sweaters.
No worries, when they get to full of gunk to keep -just chuck em.

One big one tho- shop towels- I made a lil sign saying I was washing them, so Thumper knows to run a empty washer load of super soap an bleach behind me.
If you meet my buddy Paul "Burn" Panak sometime ask him about the joke we played on him when he first started out== He was told that you could easily clean a buffing wheel in the washer,LOL,.. his wife d*mn near killed him,lol

Back