Display Cases ? Security ??

Three Sisters Forge

Forum Owner-Moderator
After reading about the stolen folder I started getting some ideas for display cases. Does anyone use a display case?

I want to protect my knives, but I don't want to discourage folks. In 20 years I've only had one bad experience, but one lost knife would cook the weekend.

What do you think about this one ?

Attachments

• oakcase20.jpg
    oakcase20.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 44
Display cases are are pretty common at antique knife shows and guns shows but rarely seen at custom knife shows.

Custom makers usually encourage people to pick up thier knives and look at them. I hope we don't get to the point that we have to put every thing under glass but knives have been stolen more frequently at shows over the last couple of years. I know knives disappeared from tables at the last couple of Blade Shows.

I keep a pretty close eye on the table at shows and I usually have the wife or someone else to help watch over things. Neighbors watch out for each other too. I try to keep things arranged on the table so that an empty spot is pretty noticeable. I also avoid signs and displays that might block my view of items on the table.

I usually don't leave my knives on the table overnight. Sorry, but I'm just not that trusting of the security guards and cleaning people. It only takes me a few minutes to pack them up and lay them out but it takes a lot longer to make them.

There are some pretty small,wireless cameras out now that won't break the bank:maybe set one up overlooking the table,hooked up to a lap-top,and if you get a knife pinched,presto,you got a pic of the s.o.b.
Put up a sign saying Loss Prevention Camera In Use?

What I do at knife shows is put a Red Avery stickey dot, like you can buy at a stationary store, under each knife stuck to the table. That way when someone picks up a knife, you can see it right away and keep a eye on it.
Butcher

I can get some display cases made and ready to ship by the 8th of Apirl. Just in time for the Oregon show. The price is $75 plus shipping, or $200 for three. They are 32" wide and 24" deep. If intrested send me a pm or email. I hope this well help keep your knives where they belong. It only takes one bad apple! I will get pics up by Monday.

Back