Anyone else fancy 'None reflective Blade' folders?

S

SERE

I started collecting folders again beginning early 2009. Before that I collected production folders in the 80's and 90's. In those days blades where usualy 'stonewashed' or 'polished'. I found out that now I appreciate 'black' or 'striped' coated blades more. I simply find them more atractive. Also maybe since I fancy tactical folders.

So I am kind of curious who else share my preference!
I would also love to see pics of those you own!

Greetz Wouter

(These are mine, but still missing a Strider SMF :D)

NoneReflective2_72dpi.jpg

ER RAO - Pohl Force H3 Alpha2 - ER MPC - SP Military - CRKT M16-14M - BM760bk LFTi - ZT 0301

NoneReflective1_72dpi.jpg

This image is put together by me in Photoshop after first taking single close-up shots on the same background.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can understand your interest in subdued blades. I really like them as well. By the way, how do you like that BM760? I've been eyeballing them ever since I seen the first pic of it in the BM catalog. I need to get off my rump and get one ordered.

I still believe the only tactical knife is the one your target never sees. Once they see it, it is a matter of speed, technique, shock, and reach.

I don't like bead blast or stonewashed finishes. Most tend to rust bad here in South Carolina, being more porous. The black coated blades will often rust on the cutting edge, or wear, scratch, or chip off, then rust from underneath. I prefer a satin finish for those reasons.

Last edited:
I still believe the only tactical knife is the one your target never sees. Once they see it, it is a matter of speed, technique, shock, and reach.

I don't like bead blast or stonewashed finishes. Most tend to rust bad here in South Carolina, being more porous. The black coated blades will often rust on the cutting edge, or wear, scratch, or chip off, then rust from underneath. I prefer a satin finish for those reasons.

That is why you buy 400.00 dollar knives not 20.00 junk..i carry stonewashed knives every day i have never had a problem with my sebenza.

One of my pet peves is seeing finger prints easily on the blades and bolsters or other parts of the knives I carry or use. I hate seeing finger prints all the time so to me a subdued finish is much preferred. I've noticed on some knives that have black blades, depending on the way the finish was applied, can show finger prints as easily as a mirror polished one so that is not always the case that just because its black that it means its going to be mar free. I do notice that bead blasting can cover finger marks but not at first. Right out of the cabinet after blasting a blade or a ti frame you can easily see marks on them if you touch the freshly blasted areas but something happens shortly after carrying one thats been blasted so it stops showing so easily. I have never stopped to figure that out, but I've noted it numerous times. I think after a while it just gets uniformly covered with your finger oils and shade change which is distributed all over and that this makes it seem immune to showing anymore. I mostly blast my own knives anymore. Now when I lived closer to the ocean this was not a good idea because then I had problems with surface rust spots at times but here inland like we've been for a long time now its not a problem at all to blast even a D2 blade which I've done many times let alone all the stainless ones I've taken from a mirror polish to a blasted one.

STR

My preference is a hand rubbed blade over all the rest. Don't care much for stripes, checks or whatever. Also I find bead blast shows all kinds of marks., even on my Mayo Covert.

I like black matte on all my "tactical" stuff. Gotta keep the glare in check for the perpetrators! ya know...

My friends always ask me when I'm gonna buy a gun with good, old fashioned, WOOD stock. I tell them, NEVER!!;)

Back