Stolen Knife

K R Johnson

This knife was stolen from my table on Saturday at the Badger Annual Knife Show at Janesville, Wi. I'd appreciate everyone's assistance in watching in the event that it turns up somewhere. It's a 3 1/2" tan mammoth ivory scaled swayback, marked K R Johnson on the Wharncliffe blade, and ATS-34 on the back side of the blade.

Thank you, Keith

P1010727 (Medium).jpgP1010728 (Medium).jpg

That is a *****. I caught someone last year trying to pocket a knife at a show. I had gone across the aisle to check out some stag. My wife had stopped by and was watching the table. 5 guys walked up, didn't smell right. I was across and down a bit watching them from behind. Saw one of my hunters go into a back pocket. When he turned to leave I was standing right there. They all took off in different directions, but I had him. He flung the knife on the floor as I was about to take him to the ground. I let go and he was gone out the back exit.

I picked up the knife and noticed the Mrs. had her Walter PPK in her hand, under her sweat shirt.

"Gee, what if he had a knife or something ??"

Man, that stinks.
Sorry to hear. I hate when people still. Really chaps me.
Bad Karma to them and theirs.
Dozier

I sweat it every year at the Blade Show when I watch my dad's table. I am constantly counting and recounting the knives on the table, usually around eighteen or twenty, and trying to keep my eye on everyone while being polite. My dad says do your best, but its all insured. Not sure who he gets show insurance from.

Super fun when two or three folks are picking up and looking at knives and their posses are standing around.

Kids especially scare me. They don't see the difference between picking up a five dollar knock off and a $1,200.00 custom! It just looks cool and grabbing it is impulsive instant gratification.

I hope whoever snagged it cuts the bejesus out of themselves!

Last edited:
Bet it wasn't the first time this jerk picked a knife off somebody's table. It sure is a beauty.
At my first show a guy came up to my table and said to watch out for groups working you so one could grab and he turned out to be a display case maker. Nice stuff. Bought 3 knives, then went to his shop and brought me a small case and some purpleheart. I'm going to get a case for nicer knives and busy shows.
Sorry it happened.

Pat

Man that sucks, I hate to hear something like this.
I wish I could understand why people feel the need to steal.

That really sucks! If I had stolen a knife I would feel like crap every time I used it. Heck I wouldn't even want to look at the thing. However, I don't think that everyone is wired that way.

Show Security

The I have only had that one problem and it was at one of those "Sportsman's Shows" just before hunting season in NY. It was not a big knife show. I only do the OKCA in April and have never had a problem. I make friends with the folks next to me and across and we all watch what is going on. Had a few groups show up that got my radar turned on, but no issues. I think they saw the 6 pairs of eyes on them. This year I think we will go for glass cases. Hate to do this, but if I loose one big piece then the entire weekend is for naught.

Off to Lowes for some wood.

Bummer, sorry about your loss. It's sad that you have to suspect every potential customer to protect yourself from thieves.

Larry

sorry to hear that Keith. Let's hope it shows up somewhere..

Back