Batson Knife Symposium

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
Who's going?

I'm thinking of heading over to Alabama next weekend and just curious as to how many Dogs will be there.

I'm going to have to sit down and calculate my drive time, but I should be able to be there by noon on Friday. I think. I have a training lane on Thursday and I'm not really sure how late the unit will take to complete the lane. If they don't take too long, I may be able to be there earlier Friday.

My brother and I are going. It's a long way, but I think it will be worth our time. A couple of newbies can use all the information they can get. Murph, I will look for you there, but it will probably be easier for you to spot me. I will be the biggest balding 58 year old guy that you will see there. Wife says I am a big old boy for my age. <grin>.

Should we take folding chairs? How far to walk? Concession stands for soft drinks? Got lots of questions, but I "ain't" been there before.

Never been, but I never leave home without at least a case of Ozarka in the vehicle and a "go bag" for emergencies. I'll be the guy in the K.D. t-shirt carrying the backpack full of water bottles and snacks. I'll probably throw a small folding chair on the back of it too just in case I get tired.

I'M GOING!!!!!!!!

Who's going?

I'm thinking of heading over to Alabama next weekend and just curious as to how many Dogs will be there.

Murph,
Us Alabama Boys will be welcoming yall with open arms, I'll be there for Friday, sadly that'll be the only day I get to attend. My son has a baseball game on Saturday. So I'll be getting all of my shopping done on Friday. I might be setting up a table over by Aldo to sell some of the wood I have stocked here lately. I would recommend having plenty of water, the colder the better. The temp on Friday is supposed to be in the mid 80's, for those that don't know about Alabama, we keep humidity bottled, and it's released as soon as you don't want to sweat! So lots of deodorant! Seriously the nights will be wonderful, I expect the day to be blazing! That makes me wonder if Tracy has in KD gear in tank tops!? Rex
I would like to add the nights might be pretty cool, well for us it is. For the folks liveng up north-probably not, if your South of AL. you might better bring a jacket. Just to be prepared.

Last edited:
Should we take folding chairs? How far to walk? Concession stands for soft drinks? Got lots of questions, but I "ain't" been there before.

My trailer and sales area will be just across from the main demonstration area. I hope that Knife Dogs will use it for a hospitality area.
Folding chairs are a good idea. There are bleachers but no back rest.
They are building an new demonstration area but I don't know if it is finished. It is spread over a large area so if you have problems walking far and have a scooter or "Gater" bring it.
There will be a Concession stand for hot dogs, etc. and drinks. They usually have a tub with drinks and bottled water at the demo areas.

Stop by. I will have a couple of large canopies up so you can sit out of the sun and have a base to leave stuff if you want to.

Thank you for the hispitality Wayne. I'll be sure to take you up on the shade. I'll be trying to prevent the "Lobster Effect" that I so easily obtain on sunny days.

Thanks Wayne!!!! Talk about southern hospitality. Your mama taught you well. McClellan, appreciate the welcome to Alabama. Hope to see you there as well. I do wish we had a knife dogs banner. I would order a knife dogs t-shirt, but they don't come in a 4x. You guys won't have any trouble finding me. I will be the biggest, ugliest guy there. My wife must have married me for my intelligence, because it sure wasn't for looks. <grin>. Is there a big parking lot at the entrance, or do you just park where ever you find an empty spot? Still with the questions. Thanks guys!!!!!!

Thanks Wayne!!!! Talk about southern hospitality. Your mama taught you well. McClellan, appreciate the welcome to Alabama. Hope to see you there as well. I do wish we had a knife dogs banner. I would order a knife dogs t-shirt, but they don't come in a 4x. You guys won't have any trouble finding me. I will be the biggest, ugliest guy there. My wife must have married me for my intelligence, because it sure wasn't for looks. <grin>. Is there a big parking lot at the entrance, or do you just park where ever you find an empty spot? Still with the questions. Thanks guys!!!!!!

Cal,
No problem, I'm not as advanced as Wayne with all the extra stuff for going to events like this, but he is a fine example of Southern Hospitality! You all come on down, and expect a great time! Be nice of some of the folks up around Rhode Island could make it down here, they are being hit pretty hard with all of the flooding, it would be a nice break for them I think, Rex

Sorry... i took off the weekend to teach an 8+ hours tactical carbine course at the Benton Gun Club. Bet I'll be having more fun!!!

I should get my AR back from Clint in May. We'll have to go put some lead down range and compare notes. Maybe you can teach me a few things from the LE side if the house.

Stop by and say hello to Larry Wayne Harley,and my cousin Wes Byrd, both are hammer slammers and great folks.
A.R.S. MAY be there, but not certain at present

Back