Finished my 3rd knife

DiverTexas

I got inspired after going to the Knife show this weekend.

Got busy and finally finished my third knife.

01 steel, 7 7/8" OAL with a 3 1/2" blade.

Stabilized Black Ash Burl with white spacers.

I'm working on the sheath now, going to use some rattlesnake skin I have for it.

Critique and comments welcome.

P1015095.jpg

P1015104.jpg

P1015081.jpg

P1015085.jpg

P1015086.jpg

P1015089.jpg

P1015090.jpg

P1015093.jpg

hi russel its me jose , wanted some advise on how to make the etching templates , i dont have a etcher yet looking for one and dont know how to i noticed the etch on this knife and decided to ask , good nice job , i have never worked with o1 steel ..

That is a great looking knife. Excellent job! The only thing I see that I would change if you made another is to drop the tang at a slight downward arch to make it a little more comfortable. But, this is just a personal preference. Please don't take that as a negative critique. You did awesome on this one.

Excellent choice of handle material for this piece.

Hi Jose, glad to see you here. I had those stencils made years ago when I was buying other makers blades.
Ernie here does make stencils and I just ordered new ones from him.
Check him out at http://www.erniesknives.com/knifemaker_stencil.html
BTW, still loving your sheaths, I made one yesterday that I am finishing for this knife.
I'll post it as soon as it is 100% complete.

Murph, thank you for your input. That is what I am looking for in the way of critique.
Your thoughts are helpful and very welcome.
Thank you sir!

Looking great, Russ! They just keep getting better. Well done....look at that baby shine2thumbs

Keep em coming buddy.

Chris

you are well on your way, that is a very good job for your 3rd knife.

Back