I'm gonna take Knife making classes

A.W.Stovall

I should have said knife making lessons ,I'm pretty excited next Sat I'm going for a 4 hour grinding class with Bob Warner. Gonna teach me so I quit wasting all this steel I think I'm part to blame for the steel shortage trying to learn on my on turning it all to dust LOL

Anthony:D

Don't feel bad, you're not the only one who creates alot of dust out of perfectly good steel.

Anthony, don't feel like you're the Lone Ranger when it comes to ruining steel. Most of us have quite a collection of knife shaped paper weights.

Doug Lester

make sure and tell Bob hello for me. He is one of the good guys..

Yeah he said he knew you, The funny thing is I found him offering classes on craigs list and he only lives less than 10 miles away
Anthony

Good for you.
I know just finally being able to watch someone else grind was a plus for me.
Glad to have met Travis Fry through Knife Dogs, he was a great help.

Wow he was a good teacher didnt take him no time to explain what I was doing wrong and correct me very smart man, I learned so much in that 4 hrs, Now maybe you guy's will see some completed knive from me soon.
Anthony

Last edited:
AW I would love to have a mentor. All the guys up here think your gonna steal there buisness or something like its a big secret. I will never turn my back on a new maker wanting help. Im alot like you ive got alot of steel dust, kinda like watching the sparks I guess lol.

Hello all,

I am now a KnifeDog.

Anthony was easy to teach. His grinding problems were the same as many I have assisted in improving their grinding skills.

Glad to have helped.

Back