Secret of the Bowie Knife Revealed

Mike Carter

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQLmQ-T2CPA"]YouTube- Adventures of Jim Bowie - Birth of the Knife 2 of 3[/nomedia]

Jim Bowie, Daniel Boone, now that brings back memories! :)

Each show came with its own little (moral to the story) Now there was a time when TV was worth watching. It was the only time my Mother would let me eat on them little ole TV trays in front of the TV, other that when company came and then I had too! A much simplier time! 2thumbs

Sweet video's Mike. Glad you brought it to KD. Wonder if the series is out there on DVD.

Pat

Now we know the secret--we have to temper 6 or 7 times!

That is part of the ever-evolving legend of James Black. He supposedly knew the secret of Wootz and he had a secret tempering process which he did behind a leather curtain. Years after he quit blacksmithing he was supposed to reveal his secrets but he couldn't remember them.

Jim Bowie, Daniel Boone, now that brings back memories! :)

Each show came with its own little (moral to the story) Now there was a time when TV was worth watching. It was the only time my Mother would let me eat on them little ole TV trays in front of the TV, other that when company came and then I had too! A much simplier time! 2thumbs

Oh yeah. Bonanza, Red Skelton and Ed sullivan were a weekly part of our lives.

The old series like Jim Bowie, Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone always had the same old format as the serials they used to show in the movie theaters. There had to be a moral, a fight, and the good guy would almost kiss the girl before riding off.

Fess Parker died a couple of days ago. RIP

Yep, TV was worth watching back then. Today you wouldn't dare let your little ones hold the remote control.

James Black must have been one heck of a blacksmith. I guess his secrets died with him. It would be cool to own one of his knives.

Larry

Sounds like I'm not the only one who remembers watching those shows every week and it was a family affair. For all we knew, that was the way it really happened. It was sure easier and a lot more fun remembering all that stuff than the history that we were taught in school.

Good times. Thanks for the memory Mike.

Carey

Back