Hunt-Camp-Fish

David Wesner

Hi Dogs 2thumbs

Several pics of what I've been working on the past few weeks. Knives for everything outdoors, cleaning game, cleaning fish, and clearing camp ;)

First up is a Herron style hunter in CPM154. She features a tapered tang and antique gold micarta scales.

100_6220ffh6.jpg

100_6219ffh5.jpg

100_6226ffh7.jpg

100_6236ffh3.jpg

Next up is a Loveless style hunter. CPM154, tapered tang, and ivory linen micarta

100_6113P5.jpg

100_6085P3.jpg

100_6083P1.jpg

100_6115P6.jpg

This one's for the fisherman in camp :)

ATS34, green canvas micarta backed up with a red liner. Sheath is kydex lined, veg tanned leather with a neatsfoot oil finish.

jay5.jpg

jay2.jpg

jay3.jpg

jay4.jpg

jay1.jpg

jay6.jpg

Last but not least, is this Camp Clearing Beast 2guns

5/16" A2, tapered tang with Black Canvas Micarta

DSC03630JA1.jpg

100_6188JA4.jpg

DSC03628JA2.jpg

Hope you guys & gals like what I'm doing in the shop. I sure do love making them :bud:

Thanks for checking out my thread 2thumbs

cool 1

All look great. Personally I really like the fillet and the "Camp clearing" ones. The spalted Birch is really eye catching.

Great looking knives, excellent workmanship! How do you attach your guards, are they soldered? Thanks for showing.

Bill

:eek:Dayum David!! You been busy. Nice knives buddy. How long is the "Camp Clearing Beast?2thumbs

Nice pieces. are they for sale ?Please inform me.Send you an email .
Thanks for sharing

Wim from NL

Last edited by a moderator:
All look great. Personally I really like the fillet and the "Camp clearing" ones. The spalted Birch is really eye catching.

Thanks J

I like the birch knife too. The scales and the design ;)

Great looking knives, excellent workmanship! How do you attach your guards, are they soldered? Thanks for showing.

Bill

Thanks Bill.

The guards are pinned and soldered. They aren't going anywhere :)

:eek:Dayum David!! You been busy. Nice knives buddy. How long is the "Camp Clearing Beast?2thumbs

Stabber !! 2thumbs Thanks Bro cool 1

Chopper has an 11" B.L. OAL just over 16"

Nice pieces. are they for sale ?Please inform me.Send you an email .
Thanks for sharing

Wim from NL

look for an email response Wim ...... And Thank You ;) :)

:cool:

David Wesner

Those are some great blades! I love the Herron style hunter with spalted Birch scales. Those look great!

David,
Thank you for the deal we made on the Herron style hunter. I am looking forward to receive your knife in the Netherlands :bud:

best regards
Wim

David Wesner

Those are some great blades! I love the Herron style hunter with spalted Birch scales. Those look great!

Thanks marthinus. When it comes to hunters that's one of my favorite designs :)

Done good Bubba2thumbs2thumbscool 1cool 1

Hey IG 2thumbs I'm always honored when you post to a thread of mine.
This one is no different ;)

These knives are a result of everything I've learned from Master knifemakers like yourself over the years. I really appreciate the knowledge and tips guys like you offer so freely, to the pups like me dog1

Thanks Bro :)

David,
Thank you for the deal we made on the Herron style hunter. I am looking forward to receive your knife in the Netherlands :bud:

best regards
Wim

The pleasure was all mine Wim. You helped me out :)

This order was going to Germany.

Normally a hollow grind design for me, this one was supposed to be flat ground, a detail I missed until too late :eek:

So now this Hunter goes to the Netherlands and I make a new one for my very patient, and understanding German customer :eek:

Thank you once again Wim :)

....... and Thank you Helmut for your understanding ;)

David,
The knife has left the USA :D
I can hardly wait :bud:

best regards
Wim

All those pieces look really good. I really like that Loveless hunter. The spalted birch on the herron looks amazing!! Awesome work .:)

Back