blade shape

Sean Cochran

Just for conversation let me pose this question. All other things being equal which blade shape would you pick if you could only have one knife for everyhting?

I know different blade profile for different applications, but if you could only choose one which would it be?

This is tough but I think I would go with a medium sized drop point.

I like an elongated leaf shape, for example, BRK&T Canadian Camp. 2thumbs

Here's mine, which I rehandled in Lignum Vitae.
But I'm gonna change that to Cali Buckeye and make Nickle Silver Bolsters for it.
The Lignum turned that dark green color.
Happens.

I recently did one for a KF Member, in Maple scales he provided and Brass Bolsters that I made.
Was my first time making bolsters, too!

Attachments

• My CCK2.jpg
    My CCK2.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Handle Left All.jpg
    Handle Left All.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I do not think you can have a one knife fits all. I have seen this question asked many times. There is just no way you can ever have one knife to do everything. Maybe a favorite EDC, or favorite camper, or hunter but not one for everything. That said I like a drop point for a hunter and EDC.

That's a hard one, too many favorites and only one choice. I like a nice drop point myself but I think I'm going to buck the trend and say wharncliffe. It slices, it dices, it's pointy and I like it's shape.

That's a hard one, too many favorites and only one choice. I like a nice drop point myself but I think I'm going to buck the trend and say wharncliffe. It slices, it dices, it's pointy and I like it's shape.

I struggled between DP and wharncliffe, they are pretty useful.

I'm a Suka for re curves. May not be the best for most purposes or the easiest to sharpen but they just look the best IMO2thumbs

Back