Tactical with Camel Bone

Three Sisters Forge

Forum Owner-Moderator
Ti .062 liners, Stainless Steel hardware, Blade is 440C, R59 -300 cryo, bead blast finish and stone wash. Handles are camel bone. This one is sold, but will be shown at OKCA. Enjoy.

Attachments

• DSC_0035.jpg
    DSC_0035.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC_0037.jpg
    DSC_0037.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC_0036.jpg
    DSC_0036.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC_0038.jpg
    DSC_0038.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 85
I just read the write-up on your Tactical Folder in the recent Blade mag (Sandbox Cutter)...
Outstanding!!!
Mr.Breed suggested that "for a leaner edge,I might have gone with thinner stock
or raised the grind..."
For a civilian intended knife,I'd agree,but for a tool that would be asked
any number of hard uses over in a place like the Sandbox,
and judging from the performance your knife displayed in Mr.Breed's evaluation,
I'd say you got it just right.
I'm pretty certain there's a fella hunkered down somewhere right now,right grateful he's got one of your knives with him.
(I know I would).

That is a really nice looking knife Jim. The best thing about making knives is we can make'm how we want and I most certainly would use one of your more stout blades for protecting my life over some knife with a leaner edge & thinner blade. Well Done Sir.

Pat

Blade design

Thank you for the kind words. When I started this it was to fix a bad knife. I bought a XYZ and it broke. I was cutting tubing for irrigation, kind of twisted it and snap. It was .125 S30V. We took .125 stock in 440C, 154 and S30V, ground blades, heat treated and gave them hell. They all failed.

Went to .185, held up very well. The final test was actually a bet where I took just the blade and drove it through a chunk of oak at 60,000# in my press. I then busted it out, back into the liners and worked fine. It then went through an old car door, no breakage. Off to Afghanistan (Sandbox) to let a friends kid play with it. That is the one Kim got.

Right now I have "Da Tank" under design. This is a brute.

Special thanks to Dave @ GLWJ and Eddie at shadow knives. Great advice and help.

That is a really nice looking knife Jim. The best thing about making knives is we can make'm how we want and I most certainly would use one of your more stout blades for protecting my life over some knife with a leaner edge & thinner blade. Well Done Sir.

Pat

Thank you. Let me know how Shane likes it and the uses.

...that's incredible;
did the fella in the 'Box document any of the knife's use?

Uses: Cutting rope, opening boxes, cutting wrist ties, ripping canvas, and as a holder. I never thought about sticking the knife into a wood frame or mud wall to hang equipment from. Common to hang their gear up or as a support.

cool.
I've seen a few articles done on knives sent over there:factory and custom,
and while some mentioned the various uses,
but don't recall one that documented (with pics)the knife's day-to-day use.
That would be a cool feature:"A Day in The Life of A Soldier's Knife"...

Back