Trip to Big Blu

Wayne Coe

Forum Owner - Moderator
Friday one of my students, Chris Jones, aka Hammer Kid, went to Morganton, NC for the North Carolina Chapter Blacksmith's meeting at Big Blu. Saturday morning I was set up with my tail gate sales. I had a lot of interest in the grinder and talked a lot about Knife Dogs. All of my Knife Dogs cards were taken so I'm going to have to get Tracy send me another supply for the Batson Blade Symposium in two weeks and then for the New England School of Metalwork the first of May.

The demonstrator was Doug Murkle. Doug first forged two "Jingle Bells", like are on horse halters at Christmas time, then showed how to forge and forge weld a "Rasp Hawk". The afternoon demonstrator was Andy Phlipps, one of the Big Blu employees. Andy forged a candle holder from 2" square. Both were very interesting demonstrators and we all had a good time and good visit with friends.

Sounds like it was a productive road trip.

I'm looking forward to you demonstrating a few of your forging skills here in buckeye country.

Fred

Fred, you are my first stop in May. What do you wana see? Matter of fact I have a cute little quick and easy Knife Dog thing that I've been keeping as a surprise for the blade show that I'll show yadog1.
Since I see that IG is watching this, what's on for the "Meet Wayne Coe Hammer-In"? Am I gonna be a cheep demonstrator or do you have something good in mind?cool 1

Fred, you are my first stop in May. What do you wana see? Matter of fact I have a cute little quick and easy Knife Dog thing that I've been keeping as a surprise for the blade show that I'll show yadog1.
Since I see that IG is watching this, what's on for the "Meet Wayne Coe Hammer-In"? Am I gonna be a cheep demonstrator or do you have something good in mind?cool 1

I would appreciate any technique you would want to share. I enjoy learning.

As to my good friend IG; my God watch yourself Wayne, he may have something in store for you that could cause you some serious laughter.:D

Fred

Back