A Good Cause...

Silversage

Gold Membership
Hi all...

This is Jay's wife here and he has graciously allowed me to pass on some information on what we both think is a good cause.

I am a scrapbooker/cardmaker who recently became involved in making cards for Operation Write Home. Please visit them for more indepth information than I will bore you with here if you are interested. In a nutshell, OWH sends handcrafted greeting cards to those deployed in the service of our country so they can write home to loved ones left behind.

On Monday March 8 - 12,315 cards were shipped overseas to deployed Heros. Keep in mind not all weeks see that volume. Shipping costs for that were $485.70.

Now where I am hoping you can come in - no I'm not going to ask you to set aside your knives to make cards (wouldn't say no to any either ;)) but shipping costs start to add up so if any of you could help get the word out to those who might be able and willing to send in a small donation to help defray the costs of getting cards in the hands of those deserving Service men and woman it would be appreciated. All donations of any size are tax deductible and greatly appreciated.

If you want to learn more about why a bunch of crazy paper loving women do this you can check out some of the blogs featured in the blog hop we did over the weekend. Each blog posts a link to the one following it but there are a lot so I suggest you start here
and scroll down to the list of 93 participants and just randomly pick one or two.

And if you've made it this far Jay says you need a gold star 2thumbs and I say Thank You!

Hi Jay's wife,

I visited the site and added a link on my facebook page. I'll look again tomorrow when I am coherent!

I think that is a great idea. Can't help much, but I can help. Send a pm with info, I am in your area(Nampa). I have family in the services. They can use the thoughts. Thanks a buch!

Thanks Rock for adding it the facebook page. Anything anyone can do to just spread the word that people are doing this for our serviceman is awsome and greatly appreciated:) The more the word gets out the more people can possible get involved even if it is just hooking up people that could help make cards. And yes I do make cards myself with my wifes help just don't let too many people know I also play with paper instead of steel:) Thanks again

Jay

Back