road trip research

ChipI.

Hey Dogs , I thought I would share this with you all.. The family and myself were on the road to D.C. this past Friday evening cause my twin girls wanted to go to the Smithsonian for their 12th birthday.
Along the way my wife and I were talking bout her Great Grandfather, I thought it was pretty cool that he was the president of the Early Birds, so I pulled out the blackberry and done a search for any info about him and I found alot of interesting stuff.... while trying to find info about him I found some info about HIS father. Seems that somewhere around 1905 he started a business in NC building machines. I found a copy of a patten he had gotten in 1905 or thereabout for a belt sanding machine . it had a drawing on it showing a grinding/sanding machine that looks like what most of us use to grind our knives(excluding myself:( I am a little unclear if he invented this type of machine or developed a design of his own.

I believe that company is still running today. I think they make metal shears and press brakes(I think).

Any who I thought this was interesting and thought I would share.

Last edited:
Back