Need small piece of stainless steel.

C

CShepherd

I'm building the Electro-Chem Etcher and need a small piece of stainless steel for the etching lead. I've not been able to find any locally unless I buy a large piece.

Would any of you have any scraps, say 1 - 1 1/2" long by 1/2" wide or so. Doesn't need to be real thick. I would be happy to pay for it, or mailing at the least.

Thanks,

Charlie

surely

I have some 1/16" ATS34 that you could have. Send me your mailing address.

Milt

i used graffite " i can't even get close to spelling it ,word check don't even work LOL" it works better "sorry i hope you know what i'm saying !!!!

Graphite? like what is used for pencil lead?

yes thats it ,works great but i have some in blocks just cut off what you need ,made my marking block out of it . cut a slot in the wood then drilled a hole for the wire glued the wire on the graphite then glued that in the wood works great .

Last edited:
Milt,

Got the ATS-34 yesterday. It will work perfectly.

Thanks so much,

Charlie

I'm just getting ready to wire my etcher up myself. So you guys are saying graphite is the way to go? How do you attach it to the wire.

And if anyone has any (graphite) they wouldn't mind parting with I'd love to give it a go.

I'm just getting ready to wire my etcher up myself. So you guys are saying graphite is the way to go? How do you attach it to the wire.

And if anyone has any (graphite) they wouldn't mind parting with I'd love to give it a go.

Just drill a hole then a self-tapping screw and you hole the pad on with elasitic bands.2thumbs

Back