Another Slippie, this time a bit dressier

papi

Hey everyone,
i finished this one yesterday, and i thought i'd show you some pics. I wanted to make a damascus and mammoth ivory slipjoint, but the idea seemed a bit too flashy for the classic slipjoint pattern, so i made it to look a bit used, patinated. I wanted it to have the old west antique look. I used darker pieces of inner ivory (not the nice snow white stuff), with some nice cracks to add an old look to it. I etched the damascus very deep, and then stonewashed it to cut the contrast out of it. Then just a bit of buffing, and there you go. The liners are relieved stainless, the pivot pin is sterling silver. Damascus backbar that is nice and flush in every position - even the half stop.

Now for some pics:
IMG_4523.jpg

IMG_4525.jpg

IMG_4526.jpg

IMG_4527.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Ondrej

Another fine folder Papi. I see you screwed the scales on this one. That would solve some of the slipjoint problems like my cracked ivory from hammering the pins down.

Thanks guys :)

Mr. B, peening the pins is really scary for me. I mean the whole concept of taking a hammer to an almost finished knife scares me. I already set aside my fears for the all-steel handles with pins, but it will be much longer before i'm peening the pins in ivory, let alone the mother of pearl. The screws seem to be much easier and safer.

Ondrej

Back