filipino machete

curtisk

A buddy's grandfather picked this up during WWII. Anybody know anything about it? Any help is appreciated!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 119
That's an Indonesian Keris. If your buddies' grandfather picked in up in the Philippines, it's probably from the southern Philippines, where the Moros were/are.

Send "EntryTeam" a message and have him check it out. I'm vaguely familiar with these, but EntryTeam is a very active martial artist who can give you a detailed history lesson on the piece. He's a very knowledgeable guy in the Phillipno arts and weaponry.

Last edited:
I replied, and he is more than welcome to publish the answer on this thread. It's a nice piece, for certain.

During the war and occupation....the filipinos used to walk through the jungles in a "V" formation. The first to make contact would cut and move past.... and the rest of the V would follow suit. They'd simply not stop moving. My first instructor's instructor was Jim Advincula. He's a VERY interesting man.

-r

Thank you to all and especially Mr. Entry Team. My friend will be elated to have some information on this work of art. Thanks again gents!

Back