New daughters early arrival

Josh Dabney

Hey all,

I thought I'd share my family's good news with my knifedog family. (edited to say it is supposed to read "daughter's" not "daughters" There is only one)

Our daughter Danielle decided she just couldn't wait 9 months to enter the world and was born 8 weeks early :eek:

Of course she went to and remains in the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit)
Lung development is a BIG concern with Premies and we feel EXTREMELY lucky that her lungs were strong right from the get go. She did spend a few days on the CPAP machine that provided her slightly enriched oxygen through the nose tubes. She was breathing on her own without any added pressure from the start which was great that she didn't need to be on a ventilator :D

Another concern is a digestive tract thats not quite ready for milk. Our girl got started and has had her milk amount increased daily along with plenty of healthy pee-pee's and poo-poo's along the way.

Basically at this point she's a happy and healthy baby girl who's just on the tiny side :bud: 3lbs 4.5oz

We're very proud of her strength and good behavior in the NICU and VERY happy that she's HEALTHY :D and even though she'll be staying there for awhile we remain thankful and in high spirits.

Here's a pic of her when she first entered the NICU. It looks worse than it really is :)

DanielleNICU015.jpg

Here's one of me and big brother through the window. He can't go in the NICU cuz little folks tend to be germ factories, LOL

DanielleNICU021.jpg

We didn't get to hold her till she got the CPAP off but here's my first time

DanielleNICU049.jpg

And here's a shot her now that she's gotten rid of the CPAP, IV, and half the monitors she had to have

DanielleNICU047.jpg

Thing are going as well as they can possibly be for a premie her age so we're stoked about that 2thumbs

Haven't been spending much time on the forum or in the shop lately but things are settling in to the new normal around here so I'll be back around again. I was worried that I may miss the April first deadline for my KD folder build but it's looking like it wont be a problem ;)

Take care Friends ! Josh AKA- Proud Pappa :D

Last edited:
Congratulations and I am glad she is healthy. We just had our first daughter 1/29/10 so I can appreciate what you are going through.

BJ

congratulations, Josh or should I say proud Papa. I'm happy your little girl is going to be OK.

My last one(no.5) was born 18 yrs ago but I still remember it as if it happened yesterday.

Larry

Congratulations brother. That is a beautifull little girl.

I guess the nurses are happy that she's taking after Momma instead of Daddy (you said she was behaving well, so we must all assume she's taki g after Momma).

Give her a tiny little hug from the K.D. Family
and let her know that sh is inall of our prayers.

Congratulations on the beautiful little girl! I'm glad to hear she is doing well, hope her Mommy is doing well too.

Oh...

I guess I should have mentioned that Momma's recovery from the c-section has been dang near miraculous ! She was walking to the other side of the hospital the next morning to visit the baby in the NICU, LOL.

The nurses were confused... "didn't she just have a c-section ????" they were saying.

Thanks for the nice replies fellas ! Josh

Congrats beautiful girl:) Our son also came early and spent 6 weeks in NICU! The people were great and your photos bring back memories! Sound like she is doing great and you will get through:) We still celebrate the day he came home. Glad mom is doing well also! If you have any questions please ask as been there done that:)

It's great to know that things are going well! Just keep an eye on that "baby girl" I remember looking one day and my daughter was 5, and the next time I looked she was in high school! They are so precious, and grow up way too quickly. Love her just as much as you can....before you know it, the time slips away! We'll keep you and the family in our prayers...that all continues to go well.

Congrats,I hope everything continues to improve for her

Enjoy her my brother.One day you will look up and she will be grown.

God bless,Keith

Congratulations Josh!! brings back fond memories, my youngest turns 25 soon, time fly's so enjoy every minute..........................................D.M.C.

Back