Happy B'day to Ed Caffrey

Happy Birthday, when you get as old as I am, you have stopped counting, much less celebrating.
Jim

Happy B-Day Ed!!! You had a rough time this past year. But you pulled through buddy!! Not only that, you help out a ton in the knife making world...so we need ya around.:D2thumbs Now get back to it would ya2guns:running dog::D

Have a good one, Ed!!!

Chris

Thanks for all the Birthday wishes!!

I got up this morning and took my 6am walk/jog with the dogs, and when I got home there was a 5 gallon Home Depot bucket sitting on the kitchen table with an envelope/birthday card leaning on it.

My wife and daughter are great! They went to Home Depot, grabbed one of their "Homer buckets" and just started going through the store grabbing odds-n-tools and gadgets! I think it's about the coolest Birthday present that a "tool bum" like me could get. :)

All of it is just "little" stuff...but it's also stuff I use all the time in the shop...things like tape measure, driver bits, sharpie markers, WD-40, and all kinds of other useful stuff! Gotta love those Girls!!

On the other side of the coin...this getting old stuff is for the birds! Hope they don't have to yank any more vital parts out of me in the future! :) I remember when I was around 20, having the then "old guys" tell me that I would regret what I was doing when I was 40.....well, now at 47 I can tell you that with age comes wisdom, because those guys were 100% right. :) I'm trying to turn over a new leaf with this birthday...I stepped on the scales a couple of days ago and it read 230lbs!! :eek::eek: I'm 6'3" tall, but 230 is getting a bit on the "chubby" side for me...maybe I'll amend my "new leaf" to include an extra mile of walking/jogging a day. :running dog:

On the other side of the coin...this getting old stuff is for the birds!

Well you have to keep celebrating, getting older sucks, but sure beats the alternative !

I'm 6'3" tall, but 230 is getting a bit on the "chubby" side for me...

Compared to me you've still got a girlish figure...good for you on trying to keep it under control, once it gets away from you it's hell to get rid of.

I haven't managed to grow any taller at all, so I guess losing weight is the way to go.

Happy birthday 'old' man. Have a truck load more without the getting old baggage.

Take care, Craig

Back