Hymn of the Military Mutts

Clydetz

Buck 110 Collector and Casper's best friend
BigDog said:
I CAN'T POST!!!! Why NOT???!!

We've gotten several of these with all the new members joining the K9 Corp here...

I saw the above quote posted in Vet's office and it made a light bulb go off in my head of this rhyme I made up a while back. Now I know nothing about the K9 Corp but I love them dogs plus after a couple of beers I get sort of mushy. Anyone have first hand knowledge working with these heros? ps... when I wrote this, the 'Ballad of the Green Berets' was playing in my head. Hope you like it.

HYMN OF THE MILITARY MUTTS

They were the bravest fighting fools!
They didn’t play by all the rules.
They were out to settle the score!
The proud dogs of the K-9 Corps.

Some were mutts, that is true…
Most were purebreds, through and through.
But when the country went to war…
They became the proud K-9 Corps!

They fought right there with our men.
Pulling duty time and time again!
The hardest task was not a chore
For the proud dogs of the K-9 Corps!

With bullets flying, they did their best!
All their skills put to the test!
These brave mutts were all hardcore!
The proud dogs of the K-9 Corps!

‘Where’s the vet… my dog’s been shot!’
Hang on my friend, don’t die on this spot!
This brave soldier will fight no more.
He was a proud member of the K-9 Corps.

They wear no medals upon their chest.
The job got done… they gave their best!
One thing for sure…they were all ‘top drawer’!
The military mutts of the K-9 Corps.

Nice one Gary.

Today my son and I took our 1.4year old lab out to a state park for a little play hunting. I didn't realize in the parking lot the grass/weeds had grown to nearly 8 feet in spots. We shot off the (pheasant scented) dummy launcher and the wind caught it taking it a good 150 yards into the thick. The dog is off like a shot. Of course we can't see anything and we start in. After a few minutes the dog comes back to us and is playing around having the time of his life. No training dummy. This is bright orange but the thick stuff is just dense. My son and I trudge around for 15 minutes. We decide to head back to the parked car. There sits the training dummy. The dog had retrieved it back to the vehicle and then came back for us!
Not bad.

Back