Drill press deal

JAG

Hey Dogs!! So I was in the market for a drill press and had been doing some research. I really didn't want to spend a fortune and I came across the Ridgid DP1550 which has some pretty good reviews. I saw a review on the Home Depot website where the guy said that he was offered the $300.00 drill press for 149.95. I also came across the "Ridgid Forum" where guys were talking about some stores having it on clearance for $149.95. I live in Southern California and it appears all these deals are on the east coast. So I print out the forum and the review from Home Depot and I take it to my local Home Depot tonight and after a little back and forth the Manager says "I can give you $100.00 off the price because it is not on clearance. I said "There are 8 stores within a ten mile radius and the store that gives me the deal these guys got will have my business for life!" "Well wait a minute sir!, we will go ahead and honor that price!" Cha-Ching!! 149.95, if you are in the market for a deal, I think I just got one!! Just thought I'd share!!:D

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I think I posted this in the wrong area. I won't be upset it you remove it!!

The cool thing was that it's not like I went in with an ad price or something like that< I just took in a print out of a forum where guys were talking about trying to get the drill press for 149.95, some did and some didn't get the price but it worked for me. I feel like I got a great deal because Amazon has the same drill press for $407.00 and HD for $299.99, so $149.00 is pretty good. I just figured if anyone is in the market maybe this would work for you too!

I have a new craftsman that has some BAD wobble. If I return it and the next isn't any better, I might just try your route.

I was going to buy a bench model but I don't have much bench left so this one is a 15" floor model. The reviews are pretty good, #3 best drill press under $500.00 etc.

how could you ever use a drill with a wobble . Your holes must be oblonged. I bought a cheap lazer drill press from Canadian tire regular 249 on for 149 it has a 4 step pulley and I use it for drum sanding as well. Its a great little bench type drill press for the money. kellyw

how could you ever use a drill with a wobble . Your holes must be oblonged. I bought a cheap lazer drill press from Canadian tire regular 249 on for 149 it has a 4 step pulley and I use it for drum sanding as well. Its a great little bench type drill press for the money. kellyw

haha, I can't use it. That is why it is going back.

Back