Clay quenched hunter w/cocobolo

Salem Straub

“Slippard.”

Forged, full tapered tang slow drop point hunter, flat ground with dovetailed bolsters. As are a couple other knives I’m selling right now, the blade is heavy coil spring from a GT Mustang, I think it’s 5160 (and it heat treats like 5160) but I’m not gonna lie, just making an educated guess on this one… clay quenched and tempered with a nice visible temperline.
Scales are cocobolo, with SS bolsters, pins and thong tube. Handle is contoured to fit the hand well, with a definite “palm swell.” Overall length on this one is 10”, blade is 5-3/8” from point to bolster at choil area is 5-3/8”. Included in price are shipping anywhere in the 48 contiguous states, and the pictured sheath- molded pouch type veg-tanned horsehide, RH carry, black finish.

$240.00 U.S. Asking price.
Price dropped to $220 shipped w/sheath.
Price dropped to $200.
SOLD PENDING FUNDS.
This one, while not super heavy, definitely has a solid feel with the full tang, bolsters, and cocobolo- fits the sheath like a glove, too. It has a fairly fine slicing edge all the way down, but not too delicate, either.

IMG_2796.jpg

IMG_2798.jpg

IMG_2801.jpg

IMG_2803.jpg

IMG_2806.jpg

IMG_2808.jpg

IMG_2810.jpg

IMG_2812.jpg

IMG_2813.jpg

IMG_2814.jpg

I make knives to the best of my ability and knowledge. I research to find the best materials and methods to use, in order to provide the very best product, in terms of value, durability, performance, and aesthetics. Should you find a knife you have bought from me to be lacking in any of these respects, you may ship it back to me at my expense for a full money-back return.

Should a knife purchased from me fail in materials or workmanship, please ship it back to me at my own expense for your money back in full, or repairs at no cost. Your choice.

I will sharpen any of my knives at no cost, however I do ask that you pay for shipping costs for this service.

I am always pleased to hear from any of my customers, past, repeat, potential, or otherwise. Please go to my web site, see "Contact Me" and give me a call. If you have any questions regarding these policies, I'd like to hear them.

Salem Straub

Last edited:
Thank you Denton, EdAz. I'm dropping the price on this one to $220 shipped w/sheath. Thanks for looking fellas. (And ladies, if you're out there...)

Sorry if this counts as a bump, I guess that makes two now, and I'm not a paying member. Won't do it again, just had to drop the price to $200 since I dropped it over on BF. Thanks, guys.

Back