Slow RECOVERY

HELLGAP

Dealer - Purveyor
I just had my third surgery on my neck .The first was 2 1/2 years ago then the second was just 3 months ago and this one was last monday so will be 9 days ago. This one by far the most painful thing ive ever encountered in my life . This was basically was emergency surgery as my spinal cord was under extream pressure and was loosing the feeling in my left arm . The last one was a double dicectomy and this one was a quadrouple lamonectomy. Im guessing about 25 staples maybee 30 and 50 stitches inside. They removed 50 % of the bone from 4 vertabrea in my neck . This pain is as if it was the day after the accident 5 years ago. I am praying for the first time in my life as the neck spasms are violent and long with huge amounts of pain medication to say the least . I truely know now what a head ache is . For all you makers with health problems I hope its less than mine.

Feel for ya, hell.
DR won't give you what it takes to knock out the pain, they are covering their butt incase something goes wrong.
My wife takes 2 oxyc plus 6 percaset a day for 14 yrs now
and she still cries from the pain, most every day.
Please overlook my spelling, thats why I don't post or comment very much.
Anyway, sure hope you get to feeling better REAL soon.
Jerry

Sorry to hear you are in so much pain, it messes with every aspect of your daily routine.

I'm on a pain management program with the VA and like Jerry says, they won't give you enough to really cover the pain so you just have to learn to deal with it. Some days that's just not very easy.

Just be careful in the shop, pain can really distract you and if you're taking pain meds it's even more dangerous.
Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Larry

My wife had her first neck surgery a couple months after I met her 8 years ago then the second 2 years later cuz the first didn't work. Supposed to be a 98% positive procedure. She is in constant pain every day too. I truly hope that everything starts getting better for you. Getting rid or stressors helped her immensely. We got out of the city and it has helped a lot. Feel for you Hellgap.

Pat

Very sorry to here about your problems and pain. I've got problems with my neck and back of my own so I feel for you. When the disc in my neck ruptured it paralyzed my left arm and the pain was unimaginable. Until that I never really knew the meaning of pain when someone would complain about their back or neck.

Good luck and I hope you get well and out of pain soon.

Thanks everyone, Cliff I had 3 ruptured discs and then swelling on my spinal cord . You have had very simular experience and know what neck spasms are all about. Right now I have like 2 charlie horses in my bicept and tricept area from the viloent spasms. I would like everyone to be careful in their daily life. I took alot for granted before and have full respect for a person with their health how lucky they really are. Who said money is everything couldnt be further from the truth. kellyw

I'm sorry to hear you are in such pain. Lord, heal our friend, your son. Relieve his pain Lord. Restore him, give him rest.
Be sure to follow the doctors orders. Get well brother.
Bruce

Kelly I hope you feel better very soon. My prayers are with you as you go through this time. I took alot for granted. Then in one year I have three hernia surguries. I ate alot of pain killer till they found out everything that was wrong. I can't imagine the pain you are in. Keep us posted as you can.

James

HellGap,man I'm sending Smoke your way.
I've compressed three discs in my spine,
a few years back,fractured a lower disc and didn't know it,now have arthritis that's spreading up...
Last summer I was walking down the road,and suddenly began having
violent spasms in my left chest,shoulder and arm.
It felt like a giant pair of Vice-grips clenching my lung and heart,I got dizzy,
disoriented,sweating icy bullets and nauseous.
I thought I was havin' a jammer.
They ran a bunch of tests,and said it must be due to my spinal damage.
It passed over a couple weeks,but it hurt like nuthin' I'd ever experienced.
I feel for you brother;
may you heal and be free of pain asap!!!
Smokeonthewater008.jpg

Sorry to hear bout the pain you're in. I hope it gets better soon. Just take it easy and don't push too much gotta give yourself time to heal. Take Care,Chip

Thanks everyone, Cliff I had 3 ruptured discs and then swelling on my spinal cord . You have had very simular experience and know what neck spasms are all about. Right now I have like 2 charlie horses in my bicept and tricept area from the viloent spasms. I would like everyone to be careful in their daily life. I took alot for granted before and have full respect for a person with their health how lucky they really are. Who said money is everything couldnt be further from the truth. kellyw

Just hang in there and get well. Just listen to the docs and don't do anything too soon. I don't know if they have you in physical therapy but that helps me a bunch. You should have seen the crazy looks I got carrying a huge therapy ball in the elevator to my room at Blade last year. I still do my physical therapy regularly even though it's been two years since my last surgery and it helps keep me going.

I've been through some of that pain thing not nearly as severe as you are going through so I know it breaks up your whole life. I sure hope you get over it soon. Frank

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Cliff Ive been doing physio going on 5 years and some times it helps and others makes things worse. All im doing right now is letting all the scars heal from surgery even walking down the stairs feeling like getting hit over the head with somthing . I ve noticed a few small positive changes , my doctor said my neck movement is alot better than before and ill agree cuzz I can turn my head without noticeing a increase in pain so thats an improvment. I made a sheath in 3 days not bad considering i was in bed for 7 days straight. I used a razor sharp knife to cut the leather and never knew how much better and easier than sissors that is. My fanciest fillet knife with a dyed green sheath. I ll show it here later. Kellyw

I'm sorry to hear you are in such pain. Lord, heal our friend, your son. Relieve his pain Lord. Restore him, give him rest.
Be sure to follow the doctors orders. Get well brother.
Bruce
Amen to that! Get well soon Kelly, my wife had a cervical fusion done using two cadaver bones and a titanium plate fusing three disks together last July, took nearly three months for her arm and shoulder to quit having the stabbing pain, Lorcet was like candy, not much relief at all for her. It finally healed and the pain subsided, I would not wish that pain on my worst enemy.
Jim

yup Jim its just like that stabbing pain that never stops . I guess when I fall asleep. I still havent found someone thats going to bismark Ill let you know. I might have to go on a well needed vacation and pick up the g11 myself. kellyw

Kelly glad to hear you are doing better. Just take it slow and let it heal up for you. Keep you in our prayers.

Back