Big and tactical from me? Yeah, why not :)

papi

Hey gang,
I just finished these three, ready for shipping to my customers. The first one is a prototype for a police unit in our country (something like a SWAT, but not that cool :D ) If they like it, they will need a 'few' more :) So lets keep the fingers crossed :)
Carbon fiber scales and stonewash 154CM 4 1/2" blade, 0.100 Ti liners
IMG_4487.jpg

IMG_4488.jpg

The other is a one off, RWL34, 4" stonewash blade, titanium frame and bolsters, and CF scales. It also have one set of orange G10 scales :)
IMG_4490.jpg

IMG_4491.jpg

And a little something, just to keep me sane :D The blade is wootz, twist damascus bolsters, and mammoth ivory scales. And it's a slipjoint :)
IMG_4483.jpg

IMG_4484.jpg

IMG_4485.jpg

IMG_4486.jpg

Thanks for looking, take care :)
Ondrej

Last edited:
Looks great Papi! I'd love tosee that second one with a slight wedge ground about 1/3 of the way up the spine. I think that would be awesome (then again, I'm sitting in 180 deg. sauna right now, I may be dilerious).

Thanks Murph, now that you mention it, it could look very cool, would add a bit of flare to the blade. Despite the 180 deg, you are making quite a sense :D :D :D

Ondrej

That slippie looks pretty awesome too. I really like the combination of the (I'm assuming hot blued) damascus and ivory. The more I look at your work the more I like it.

Murph, i really appreciate your comments, stuff like that keeps me going when it gets tough:) I'll be posting one more slippie soon, so stay tuned :)

And the bolsters on the slipjoint are etched and heat colored thunderforge twist :)

2thumbs These are very pretty. I wish I had enough spare change to ask the price to get one of the first knife. It looks like a perfect fit for my pocket, especially if I could add a low-ride clip. I'll have to watch your work when I have some money to spend.

Thanks guys :)

smflorkey, both tactical ones have clips, both tip-up, and quite low riding :)

Ondrej

very nice knives, Papi. I really like the third one. the colored twist damascus bolster looks great next to the mammoth ivory.

Larry

Steve, those are just details, and i will probably do just about anything for the money :D :D :D

And thanks for the feedback guys, i really didn't thing these tacticals would make such big of a splash :) Good to know that :)

Ondrej

One last comment Papi. Once you get the deal done with that first one of the three and get them all made for the team (I have no doubt they love it and want that design), consider making a version of it with the twist damascus bolsters as well. I believe the damascus bolsters and CF would make one heck of a nice looking gentleman's tactical.

They all look excellent but the first one I really like!!

That is a deceptively difficult pattern.

they're all gorgeous,and look like 1st rate workmanship.
but for me,if the first is a "tactical" tool,to be used in the field,
I wouldn't:
if I needed to thrust that beautiful,sleek knife into something other than a brick of butter,I'd be apprehensive...and counting my fingers.
Please:it's not a critique of the knife;
just an observation on it's designation,"tactical".
Incidentally,any plans on a slightly smaller civi version,and if so,what's your asking price on it?
(pm me if you like).

Last edited:
Back