anyone started on there KITH in JULY knife yet?

A.W.Stovall

I was giving mine some thought today Trying to figure out what I want to try to make. Just wondering what everyone else was doing, figured I better get started seeing how I am one of the best procrasternaters on the planet.cool 1

Blade is hand sanded, guard is fitted, worked out the handle design. But I can't finish it before another knife that's running a little bit behind. These are my first three forged blades since I won my forge and spousal decree (and Burl Source promise) says that my personal knife must be done first.

My blade is finished and the guard is on. I still need to finish the guard and decide what material to use for scales. Mine is also a Drop Point in D2.

I have never made a sheath, so there may be some trouble there. I know everyone says if you are going to make knives you need to make sheaths. But I have no interest in leather work...

I have not started yet but I have a knife in mind, I will start working on it as soon as I get a few orders filled!!

I would really like to see some more info on this. Where did this get started? And the rules. Thanks.

The one for July got started somewhere around Christmas time I believe. It originally was a thing the "old timers" did. Where they would all put their pocket knives in a hat and everyone would draw one out and they'd swap knives.

The way it's run here and on another forum I know of (which does it around Christmas time). Everyone who wants to participate signs up in a thread dedicated for it. Then you make a knife, whoever organized the KITH usually matches names up with each other (using a random technique) after all the knives are completed. Then each person mails their knife to the person they got matched to.

This started when a couple of us decided to see if anyone was interested in a KITH. Since most of the guys interested were involved with one on BF for Christmas, we thought of doing a Christmas in July. Del Ealy has expirence running a KITH so he volunteered to run this one. You can see the OP here.

Sean

I have four blades ready for handling and a knife that just needs a little buffing up on the handle. My next problem is trying to find out why I can't upload pictures to my computer so that I can post them.

Doug Lester

Im kinda wishing this was a theme type kith.
Im having trouble figuring out what to make. I have a stick of 3/16 Ats-34 so Im sure it will be from that. Probably something tactical too.:unsure:

I've been trying to get all my ducks in a row for a show in Austin,Tx in a couple of weeks,but gonna start mine when thats done.Probably a frame lock.Or liner lock.
We shall see.
Stan

Im kinda wishing this was a theme type kith.
Im having trouble figuring out what to make. I have a stick of 3/16 Ats-34 so Im sure it will be from that. Probably something tactical too.:unsure:

Shank
We had thrown around the idea of a theme, but thought it might limit some. I for one though am going with a patriotic theme(after all it is July:)). Already have the scales picked out.

Sean

Back