Grammy & Pappy's Knife Store - Purvis, Ms.

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
I was bored this afternoon (I should have been in the shop working on a new project) after helping my First Sergeant move and remembered someone telling me about a little knife shop not far away. Well, I set out for the little town of Purvis, Ms. Purvis isn't but a stone's throw down Old Hwy 11 from where I live.

I had to stop and ask for directions but made the trip in about 20 minutes and found the little shop on Hwy 589, not but about 10 miles from Camp Shelby, where I work. Once there I met Mr. Thomas Patton, the owner of Grammy & Pappy's Knife Store. Mr. Patton is a heck of nice gentleman who opened his little store back in '99 due to boredom after closing down his full-service station and retiring.

Mr. Patton has a pretty nice assortment of styles and brands of knives which really surprised me. Most times when I find little shops like this, they are full of lower priced/quality junk. Not "Grammy & Pappy's", they had a nice selection of quality knives. Thier assorment of knives consisted of Buck, Kershaw, William Henry, CRKT, Lone Wolf, and a fairly large selection of Case Knives as well as others which I can't recall at the moment. They even have a case of custom knives made by local makers.

Another pleasant surprise was having the opportunity to put my hands on one of the new Lone Wolf "Trailmate" which is the design of our very own Steven Kelly. I really like this little knife and can't wait to see the G-10 handled model.

If you are ever in the area, stop by "Grammy and Pappy's" and have a visit with Mr. Patton. Don't be surprised if you stumble across a stack of K.D. business cards on top of the counter but hopefully they'll all be gone by the time any of you guys make it over to visit.

Thanks Murph,I just read this post.I am in Hattisburg a couple times a month.I may ride those few extra miles,and take a look.

God bless,Keith

Drop me a line and let me know when you'll be in the area next time and we'll try to grab lunch.

That sounds good Murph,I'll do just that.
I have to go tomorrow for my fourth injection in my lower back,none of them have done any good,and this will be the last one.After that I will be looking at a fifth back surgery.

I will be back on the 23rd for a Doctors app.,we may can catch up with each other then.
If not,I'll be back over there.I'll get with ya.

God bless,Keith

Back